FSBO Mobile Home Auction, how to deal with????/ - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by phil fernandez on March 01, 2000 at 18:00:55:

Hi Carey,

Back at it I see.

Is this auction an absolute auction or is there a reserve where the seller can reject offers if they are not high enough?

I would just go to the auction. Make sure you are able to inspect the interior before the auction. I know you know your market from your first two deals. Figure out a price where you will not bid above that figure and stick with it. That way you will not get involved with bidders fever. Hey if this one goes too high remember that there are lots of other deals on mobiles out there.

Good luck and make sure you let us know how the auction went. I’ve been to alot of mobile home auctions and they are great fun.

FSBO Mobile Home Auction, how to deal with???/ - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on March 01, 2000 at 16:09:14:

Hello all,

Here’s a quick question for you. I came across a mh today that the sellers are selling to the highest bidder on Sunday. They are showing it sat and sun. minimum bid is $1,500. (or best reasonable offer)

Anyway, i spoke to the seller today and i was trying to get in there today with cash, but she kept saying well my husband wants to wait until the weekend to see what happens and see if we get a higher offer than $1,500. She said so far, one guy did offer her $1,500. So, I kept telling her look, I’ll come with the cash TODAY and you won’t have to worry IF someone comes on the weekend and IF they have the cash to buy it and IF they are serious. But she wasn’t going for it, so i’m going to wait to hear from her and then i’m going to check it out at the latest on saturday.

how do you suggest that i deal with this situation? i drove past the home today, it’ll need need new skirting and some yard clean up, not really a big deal, i still have to check out the inside though. But I’m sure I could get at least $9,000 to $10,000 for it.

thanks for all your responses in advance,

CAREY

p.s. Hey Dirk, just wanted to let you know I DID something today, I just got back from checking out 3 mobile homes today! thanks buddy.