FSBO's everywhere - Posted by dan

Posted by leapfrog on May 15, 1999 at 09:02:54:

Practice…makes perfect. Go for it. If you feel you have all the information you need, then you’ll be OK. Good luck

FSBO’s everywhere - Posted by dan

Posted by dan on May 13, 1999 at 22:45:01:

I have noticed now that I am looking that in my area there arefsbo’s everywhere I see at least 1 or 2 new ones every couple of days on my normal running around routes. Any advice on how to focus on which ones might be good or should I just dig in and call them all?

Dan

Re: FSBO’s everywhere Where? I want 'em - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on May 14, 1999 at 16:28:31:

Dan,

Despite what you may hear elsewhere, FSBO’s, in my experience, are not necessarily folks who don’t want to pay Realtor’s Commissions, they’re more often than not folks who CAN’T AFFORD a Realtor’s commission. This frequently means their equity is thin, or that they really need the extra cash. You can use this handle (the “Stress Handle”) to your advantage. These are the kind of sellers I love dealing with.

Easy to get 'em to do what you want.

And…OF COURSE… CALL THEM ALL!!

Remember “FSBO” not only stands for “For Sale by Owner”: it also stands for “Feelin Sh…ty ‘Bout bein’ Over the Barrel.”

Bill

Re: Queen of FSBO’s - Posted by leapfrog

Posted by leapfrog on May 14, 1999 at 08:33:52:

Call them all BUT remember that most FSBO’s overprice their property—that is one reason they don’t go with a realtor----the other is because they’d rather keep the realtor commission themselves----they may not disclose everything about the property----be careful how you handle the first call. They may think you’re a realtor and get put off. If you can get in the door—awesome----then you can assess the property and their motivation for selling etc.

Stack the Odds in Your Favor - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 13, 1999 at 23:59:58:

Dan,

Contact them all! This business is a numbers game, and FSBO’s are a great source of leads.

I’m seeing more and more of them in my area as well. It appears to me that many folks are accepting job transfers after recently moving into a home. These people can become motivated rather quickly, and they have little or no equity in their homes. Hence, they are trying to sell on their own to keep from having to fork over a realtor’s commission.

Get in there and solve their problem. After they move, they become extremely motivated. Their employer is probably only picking up a few months of living expenses in their new location. So, they’ll be looking at double mortgage payments shortly.

Try to get an address in their new town. If they haven’t sold their home, they’ll be glad to hear from you in a few months.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: FSBO’s everywhere - Posted by Barbara_NY

Posted by Barbara_NY on May 13, 1999 at 22:48:33:

Call ‘em all. Got nothin’ to loose and the world to gain. Good luck!

Re: Queen of FSBO’s - Posted by dan

Posted by dan on May 15, 1999 at 24:14:55:

Not to sound arrogant but my career is in sales so getting in the door is not a problem I am very honest and straight with people. I also know how to qualify and ask leading questions etc… I’m just worried that I don’t have all the tools yet and may miss a deal or commit to something I shouldn’t. But I guess there is only one way to find out. Thanks for all the help.