GA raw land tax sale con't - Posted by Joe

Posted by Bill H on July 27, 2003 at 21:26:45:

Don’t know about the rest of them but I would get my $$$ and wait for the county tax sale. I’d much rather have them go after the county for mistakes than have them come after me.

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck,

======>bill

GA raw land tax sale con’t - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on July 27, 2003 at 20:31:02:

hello again everyone. Here is where I am at:

I pulled up the will and the owner did pass away. The daughter to whom everything was given passed away as well. That daughter’s daughter did everything for that estate but there is no mention of the property I am looking at. I have checked the last known address for this person, the grandaughter, and the phone number and address I had are no longer valid and she is not coming up with ownership anywhere in the county and there is no mention on anything as to where her brother is. I did find a deed with the owner’s name on it for another property that was jointly owned with another person but that search only resulted in finding someone with same first and last name with no knowledge of the owner or heirs I am looking for. In a nutshell, I am at a dead end. I don’t know what else I can do to find the past owners or current heirs. Ron Starr…any other ideas on what I could do to get this prior to going to the tax sale? The county told me that they are doing their own title search and contacting all the previous owners that ever held title to see if they have any interest in the property. The only two things I can think to do are either : 1) Do a title search and make sure it comes back with the same owners name. 2) Just wait until the tax sale and bring my cash.

If any one has some good ideas how to get this prior to tax sale I would love to see that happen!

Thanks for everything.

Re: GA raw land tax sale con’t - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 28, 2003 at 01:03:07:

Joe–(GA)----------

Did you check the usual places, such as SuperPages? Have you checked with Info USA or Phone disc? Have you gone to the property where she used to live and talked to long-term neighbors there? Have you checked for marriage? Have you checked surrounding counties: for ownership on assessor’s roll, county land records, court cases? You did check for other court cases in her name in your county, right?

Is there a requirement to license dogs in your county? Could she be a licensed dog owner?

Have you looked over the probate case for a address for the brother? If the brother has an uncommon last name, check on superpages and start calling all the people with that name, starting with the ones closest to you.

If there was an attorney involved with the probate, I’d suggest contactihg that person s/he may still have some contact with the granddaughter or know of some other contact person who would know how to get ahold of the granddaughter.

Good Investing*************Ron Starr*****************