George Ross Real Estate Conference; any good? - Posted by Ross J (MN)

Posted by John Corey on March 28, 2006 at 07:06:51:

I do not suggest a RE attorney for states where the bulk of the deals are closed at a title company (western states mostly). Unless you want to have special contract terms you can tie up the property and use standard documents for many deals. When most deals use standard contracts a seller could get concerned if your attorney is drawing up a custom contract.

In states where you will have to hire an attorney just to close the transaction having one draw up the contracts will feel normal to the seller.

You need to know what you are doing. Hence an attorney is always recommended if you want legal advice. Just be careful about not complicating the process or scaring off the seller.

John Corey

George Ross Real Estate Conference; any good? - Posted by Ross J (MN)

Posted by Ross J (MN) on March 27, 2006 at 11:19:51:

Has anyone been to the one day George Ross real estate conference? I have two DISCOUNT (free) tickets to go. The seminar promises to teach me how to buy real estate 31-57% under value, save 30% on my taxes, and never pay capital gains taxes on real estate, stocks, or business sales.

I?m a nubie looking at two properties: a pre-foreclosure and a rehab in my neighborhood. I can tie the deals up, should I get a realtor or a lawyer to do the paperwork? hope to get owner financing on both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ross

Re: George Ross Real Estate Conference; any good? - Posted by Dons

Posted by Dons on March 28, 2006 at 05:08:07:

Use a Real Estate Attorney for your paperwork. Find a good one through others at your local REIA.

Don

Re: George Ross Real Estate Conference; any good? - Posted by Darren

Posted by Darren on March 27, 2006 at 12:41:55:

He was in my city recently with Tom Hopkins, Zig Ziglar, Suze Orman, and Guliani for a one day business conference.

Ross is up last, comes in drops a bunch of f bombs in front of a crowd of 15,000, takes credit for Trump’s success, tells a long winded story and then leaves. Came across as a real ahole. Everyone else did great, EXCEPT for him.