Posted by Dayton Orsburn on June 01, 2007 at 19:23:57:
In Colorado we do the following:
- Evict the last known owner for non-payment of rent.
- Get a writ of possession to leave the home on the space in the park.
- Request from State that there be a title search.
- When you get #3 back send a certified letter to the last owner of
- If the letter in #4 is returned unclaimed then you must publish in the
local paper that you are applying for title, etc.
- Get the home appraised and its ID authenticated from a licensed
mobile home dealer.
- Get a bond for the amount of the appraisal.
- Take all the above papers to DMV and apply for title.
- Wait for title to come. We’ve been working on one since March 14,
2007 and still waiting for the state to send title.
Now that I’ve said all that check with your state DMV to start the
process. We had to do number 1 & 2 because the home owner just
abandoned his home in March and did not pay the rent. You may not
have to do #1 & #2.