Getting Payments due 30days after Move In L/O? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Brent_IL on September 11, 2003 at 22:27:54:

You are correct about the way that the payments are applied.

Rent is paid in advance. If your rent is due on October 1st, when it is paid, you’re paying for the month of October.

Mortgages are paid in arrears. That means that October’s payment covers the principal and interest for the month of September.

The documentation you need is simple. The lease part is a rental agreement, but all you have to do is to insert a clause that there will be a moratorium on the agreed upon rent payments until such time as a tenant/buyer is in permanent residence.

Getting the seller to agree to it will be the greater challenge.

Getting Payments due 30days after Move In L/O? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Nick O on September 11, 2003 at 12:10:56:

When making an offer on a L/O how do you stucture it so the payments begin 30 days after moving in. What do you say to the seller to get them to do this?

Thanks for the help!
Nick O

Re: Getting Payments due 30days after Move In L/O? - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on September 11, 2003 at 15:40:58:

Just tell the truth! Explain that yo need “about” 30 days to get a high quality screened tenant in there, period.
Good Luck
Greg

Re: Getting Payments due 30days after Move In L/O? - Posted by Nick O

Posted by Nick O on September 11, 2003 at 19:32:34:

What if you end up staying there for 3 months before you sublease it? My goal is to stay in the properties I L/O & fix-up, until I find my next deal & do the same thing. My downfall is that I don’t have a lot of cash upfront. I read a post before about payments due in arrears like mortgages???