Getting rid of Mobile Home - Posted by Ronda

Posted by Tony Colella on June 06, 2006 at 08:54:19:

I’m not sure if I am understanding your question so I will try a few angles.

If the home is currently set up in a park and he was going to move it to his land but could not, then I would sell the home as Lonnie teaches in “Deals on Wheels.”

If the home is sitting somewhere else, not set up and in need of work then I would sell it for $500 as is. Let the buyer fix and move.

If the land’s location is the problem and the home is decent, then I would look to find more land or advertise it as a “great home, ready to move to your land!”

If the home is simply in too poor a condition to move (perhaps the reason for the county complications), then I would have to bite the bullet and call in a demolition crew to cut it up, separate the parts and haul to the dump. Some dumps are easier to work with and less expensive. Ours is not. It might run $1k to $1,500 per single wide portion to demo and dump.

Tony

Getting rid of Mobile Home - Posted by Ronda

Posted by Ronda on June 05, 2006 at 20:38:56:

How do you get rid of a mobile home if you can’t sell it.
My brother has a triple wide that he has advertised as low
as $1500 and can’t sell it. He was going to set it up on his land but ran into complications and now the county is on his back to get rid of it. Any suggestions? I live in NC and he is in TN, so it isn’t anything I can work with.

Re: Getting rid of Mobile Home - Posted by Charles Standridge

Posted by Charles Standridge on June 08, 2006 at 18:08:03:

Where have you been advertisinf it for the $1500.