Getting started in multi family investments - Posted by eric

Posted by chris on March 25, 2000 at 04:43:49:

His courses and articles are at CREOnline.

Getting started in multi family investments - Posted by eric

Posted by eric on March 23, 2000 at 15:26:11:

Can anyone recommend a good way or place to start in multi-family properties? I am primarily interested in buying lots of units for terms. It seems like financing can be had for about 10% down fairly often, but I might be a just little shy of $50k for a $500k building, for example.

Re: Getting started in multi family investments - Posted by Greg in Dallas

Posted by Greg in Dallas on March 24, 2000 at 04:16:36:

Eric,
Check out this website:

www.apartmentowner.com

As far as downpayment…you may want to find a partner (maybe a doctor or some other high income professional with a tax problem) Let them put up the money for half interest and you do all the work and let them recoup their money before you take a profit, or some variation of this concept. You can send out flyers to lawyers, accountants (CPA’s), and Dr’s and your bound to find some partners. The other option is to partner with the seller and use your good credit (if you have good credit) then go down and refinance the property and pay the seller out of these proceeds then assume their part of the property and whala! you have a property. There are several creative ways to pick up multiple unit properties. If you have a 401K you can borrow from it and pay it back. You can get a credit line.

I recommend Wright Thurston if you want to pick up some good materials on the subject of multi-unit aquisition and management.

I’m also getting ready to pick up some multiple units this year. I plan to find and close my first one prior to June.

Happy Investing!!
Greg in Dallas

Who is Wright Thurston? where to find info… - Posted by MarkWA

Posted by MarkWA on March 25, 2000 at 03:51:12:

Who is Wright Thurston? What sort of experience/expertise does he have? Does he have books or courses? Does he have a website? If so, what is it? Thanks for the info

Re: Who is Wright Thurston? where to find info… - Posted by Cathy

Posted by Cathy on March 25, 2000 at 21:01:08:

John T Reed does not recommend his material; I would pass.