Give me an idea on value - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on February 18, 2001 at 18:07:16:

Tony
3 bedrooms 2 baths average condition, not in park, must be moved cannot stay where it is. Thanks
Dave

Give me an idea on value - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on February 18, 2001 at 10:12:46:

for a 1989 Fleetwood 14x72, must be moved. What would be a
wholesale range $2,000 to $3,000? What would it cost to move 40 miles? Thanks
Dave

Varies - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 18, 2001 at 16:00:31:

You have not provided near enough information for someone to determine value. Number of bedrooms, baths, state you are in, park rating etc. will factor in if you are looking for a blue book type value.

As I mention in a post below titled “A note of caution”, blue book may not be the value you are looking for, depending on how you plan to sell the home.

Wholesale pricing, to me is a myth. I may be alone on this one. To me, wholesale means the price at which they can convince me to take the problem off of their hands. This price will vary depending on many of the things mentioned above. I weigh the value of the home to me by the type of terms I think my market will pay me for this home. This home could be in mint condition and 2 bed 2 bath. I might take a worse condition, 3 bedroom home since I have a larger demand for them. I would still negotiate my best to try and buy at the best price I can. Call it wholesale or fire sale, the price must make money sense for me to take the risk going into the deal with the expectations that I can achieve my exit terms and make the profit I desire.

As for as moving. In my area, I would estimate that moving and set up on this home, over 40 miles would run somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000.

This too would affect my opinion of this homes value. I must receive compensation for the headache potential such a move presents. I know that moving homes can lead to unforseen costs. I would need to factor this in to my purchase price.

I prefer to work backwards from my terms of sale (exit) , substract out the costs incurred in purchase, market and holding, factor in some money for the unforseen profit gremlin, and come up with a MAX price. I then negotiate to buy for less than that price if I can.

I know this is not the easy answer you wanted to hear. Sorry. I just wanted to give you a Lonnie dealer prospective. As the other post mentions, there are many different mobile home investment methods.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA