Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by JD on April 12, 2002 at 15:03:33:

Well said, and almost always accurate.

Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by David Hasselberg on April 12, 2002 at 12:47:32:

I’am going to take the advice and sell my home for $179,950.00 and pay closing costs , I think this will help it sell quick . I’am making two house payment’s , should my home be perfect inside . I’am pooped and want some others to do the cosmetic’s. I’am sure it will appraise for $180,000 or more. Should I show it if it is not perfect ? I’am willing to throw in $5,000 toward’s closing or the such . Thanks Dave

Re: Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by trevor

Posted by trevor on April 13, 2002 at 24:26:08:

Spending the 5k on cosmetic improvements that can be done quickly by someone else will benefit you alot more than a 5k credit for closing costs. Nothing smells and looks better than NEW paint and carpet to the buyer, and buyers typically buy on emotion. Just my opinion.

Re: Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on April 12, 2002 at 21:36:07:

It should at least be clean. If you are fed up, hire a cleaning company and hire a lawn company to cut the grass, trim hedges etc.

If it looks halfway decent and you discount the price, and especially if you offer terms such as rent to own, or if you will hold a second mortgage, it should sell quick.

Offering to pay closing costs means nothing to most people . They shop for price and/ or terms, terms meaning low down payment.

Re: Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by James Harris

Posted by James Harris on April 12, 2002 at 14:12:02:

Have you tried to place an ad that says; “House for sale, owner financing with approved credit”. How much do you need at closing?

Re: Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on April 12, 2002 at 13:28:32:

If you want top dollar for your home, you have to realize most consumers CANNOT see beyond the external beauty of the home. They cannot envision what the home will look like with new carpet. If you have a doubt replace it. Trust me, even a $5,000 credit at closing would not come near the benefit of a fresh paint job and new carpets. 95% of all home buyers want the house in perfect move-in condition. So, even though it’s getting to you, I would recommend getting it in tip-top shape if you want to sell it quickly for top dollar.

IMHO,

Marcos

Re: Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on April 12, 2002 at 13:25:26:

Have you considered putting it on the market for $179,950 and see what offers you get? If someone puts in an offer and needs help with closing, and you are willing to do so, then go for it. However, if they are not asking for closing costs, you may not want to volunteer it until after you see what kind of responses you get.

Keep it as a negotiating tool. If you don’t need to sell fast, keep your options open for negotiations.

Re: Going crazy trying to fix home up to sell !!! - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on April 12, 2002 at 13:54:17:

So, so true… So, so true… Ask me how I know…

As a prominent investor in my market once said, “Buyers have absolutely no imagination”.