Good Contractor books? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Joe on March 21, 2006 at 22:04:16:

I don’t know of any off the top of my head, but there’s an article at another REI website that gives a good intro to start you off. Posting links to that site is banned for some reason. Seems like we’re all here to share information freely, so I don’t know what that’s all about. But if you want to find it put these search terms into Google and it should be the first link that pops up.

flipping homes handling contractors

The URL should end with articles/article_handle_contractors.php

Hopefully this post doesn’t get deleted, because the article really is a good read.

Good Contractor books? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on March 16, 2006 at 18:02:33:

Hi,

Does anyone know any good contracting books for a noob? I went to Barnes and Nobles and theres too many to choose from. Was just wondering if anyone knew any godo ones where I could start with.

Thanks…Robert

Re: Good Contractor books? - Posted by j

Posted by j on March 17, 2006 at 19:00:28:

Pete Youngs right here on this site also Robyn Thompson has a good rehab course.

Craftsman National Estimator is a good source of costs for labor and material for estimating costs.

For ‘hands on’ follow your contractor around and ask ‘inteligant’ ?'s

Good Investing

Re: Good Contractor books? - Posted by ski

Posted by ski on March 16, 2006 at 18:24:51:

Try hiring a good contractor and watch, listen, learn to ask the pertenant questions.

Re: Good Contractor books? - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 17, 2006 at 10:37:53:

I think he might have been asking about good books for dealing with contractors, not actually for the contracting work itself?

Re: Good Contractor books? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on March 17, 2006 at 12:00:11:

Hi Joe,

Do you know of any good books to get started? I am currently getting ready to do my first new construction project and have hired a contractor, but I would like to learn as much as I can.

Thanks…Robert