grant deeds - Posted by michael

Posted by William Bronchick on September 15, 2003 at 19:02:45:

Yes, you copy existing deed exactly the way it is writen to new grant deed?

That’s, of course, assuming you want to use a Grant Deed. You may want to use a quitclaim deed, since this may exempt the transaction from transfer tax. Check with your county to be sure.

Also, you may want to consider the gift tax implications of the transfer - consult your lawyer or tax advisor before proceeding.

grant deeds - Posted by michael

Posted by michael on September 15, 2003 at 14:16:53:

I live in ca. my house is free and clear I want to deed my property to my son.Do i copy existing deed exactly the way it is writen to new grant deed ? does california law require deed to be notorized? does deed have to be recorded?

Re: grant deeds - Posted by kamies elhouty

Posted by kamies elhouty on October 22, 2003 at 15:55:15:

how can i get a copy of a property grant deed

Re: grant deeds - Posted by denise cleveland

Posted by denise cleveland on October 21, 2003 at 24:01:54:

parnets gave me there land in ca. need to quick deed it in my name have notorized letter only what do i need to do to but it in my mane time is limited do to illness

Re: grant deeds - Posted by david

Posted by david on September 15, 2003 at 23:20:22:

There are at least two “fees” possibly in play as a result of your gift (this is besides the possible gift tax issue which was already mentioned in another post). These fees are the transfer tax collected in connection with the transfer and recording and the new property tax arising from a reassessment of the property’s value as a result of the transfer. In a gift of your residence to your son, there is no reassessment so long as you file the proper forms. You can check Rev. & Tax Code section 63.1 (I may be slightly off on the code section but it is in that area).
Your deed needs to be notarized.