Great News! First Deal OK'd & Permission to Work 7 Parks! - Posted by Debra G (VA)

Posted by Debra G (VA) on April 29, 2000 at 09:59:23:

Bobby,

About half the info I’ve had to pull together from local governments and park managers. The rest has come from surfing the net, and finding appropriate sources of information. I’ll have the basics available soon, but the information available on my site should continue to grow over the next year or so.

Great News! First Deal OK’d & Permission to Work 7 Parks! - Posted by Debra G (VA)

Posted by Debra G (VA) on April 29, 2000 at 08:37:35:

Well, I approached the park manager yesterday about buying and reselling the 1969 home in his park that I described in a post below. Home is OK to stay, no work required by park, lot rent is current, and I don’t need to even apply for a park lease.

I also received permission to work in all SEVEN of this man’s parks in this county! I didn’t spend as long talking with him as I would have liked, but I still have a horrible chest cold, and didn’t think hacking into his face would go over all that well.

Anyway, I am setting up a website to help folks buy & sell mobile homes in my county. It will have consumer information about mobile homes - local regulations, info on local parks, links to consumer pubs on buying and maintining mobile homes, suggestions on how to estimate what they can afford to buy, etc. It will also have full-page descriptions (with photos) of mobile homes for sale (both my own and others), and descriptions of what services I can offer to both buyers and sellers.

Two days before I met with this park manager, I had called him by phone, explained this website, and obtained current information about all his parks to put on this site. It may have helped that I am offering his business FREE advertising. After I have completed more work on my site, I’ll let interested folks know what the address is.

Anyway, I’m feeling a bit of a high right now, and I really have to get to work on this business! I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and support! Best wishes, Debra.

Very cool idea! - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Andrea on April 29, 2000 at 10:23:33:

Debra… that’s SUCH a great way to market your services and create a win/win/win situation! Hope you don’t mind if some of us keep a close eye on you progress?

Congratulations getting over the PM hump too… I’m still working on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Andrea

Re: Great News! First Deal OK’d & Permission to Work 7 Parks! - Posted by bwhite-tn

Posted by bwhite-tn on April 29, 2000 at 09:28:35:

Congratulations. You are making it happen.

Sounds like a great web site.
Where are you finding all that info for your site?

Bobby

Oops! Read the text folks, to understand!(nt) - Posted by Debra G (VA)

Posted by Debra G (VA) on April 29, 2000 at 10:39:13:

NT

Not at all! - Posted by Debra G (VA)

Posted by Debra G (VA) on April 29, 2000 at 10:34:42:

Andrea,

Not at all! In fact, knowing folks are monitoring my progress is an additonal incentive to work hard on my business!

Yes, one of the reasons I’m setting up this website is to help create a reputation of being there to help people. Yes, I want to make big profits, but I also want to be of service to folks.

Thanks for your feedback!
Debra