half way into a Lonnie deal - nervous...nervous... - Posted by Dave in IN

Posted by chris_wa on November 29, 1999 at 22:09:35:

I love it! sounds like you are on the right track to me. good toss…“winter is coming…blah blah” hey, not sure about your area. you may wish to bring things more in line with the other comps in your area. over in WA, we can resell something like that for at least 14k. wow. lots of options with that one too. because it is an 87, you may not even need to carry the contract(unless you want too) see, banks will play ball with the newer models like yours. so, if you want to cash it out…give em a call. shouldn’t be a problem and you may even have a nice chunk of change for the holidays!

way to go!

chris

half way into a Lonnie deal - nervous…nervous… - Posted by Dave in IN

Posted by Dave in IN on November 29, 1999 at 19:58:35:

I have just gotten a signed contract to buy a '87 2 BR 1 BA 14 x 65 in great condition. I asked the seller what would be her price if I could get her cash in 2 days. Her reply was $3,000. I thought that was a good price but I went on to say about it being winter and nearly xmas and how I would have to carry it a couple of month before I could sell. I then asked if she would pay the December lot rent of $270. She agreed. I will be talking to the PM to make sure everything is OK and we have scheduled a close for Saturday. Now I have to sell it! I am hoping to sell for around $8K. Several I have priced for that year and condition have been asking $10K and up. Wish me luck and let me know if it looks like I’m screwing up somewhere.

Re: half way - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on November 29, 1999 at 23:11:33:

careful as to how you approach the park manager. If you bust in telling them how you plan to make a bundle on their turf, you may have your hands full.

I like to take the position of a finance source. My favorite is to tell them I have a customer that wants to buy a home in their park. I ask if I can take a look around and see if there are any homes available. If you are going to get any objections, you will get them at that time. Many times they will tell you all about the homes for sale. That is when I tell them about the company referral program ($250).
I tell them my company will handle the financing for the customer and I would be happy to have the customer visit with them and fill out an application for site rental.

Works really well and is 100% true.

David S