Hello everyone! - Posted by Carleton Sheets

Posted by Bert G on March 31, 1999 at 24:31:48:

Point is, someone posted here under the name Carleton Sheets, as a joke. Given that it is the 30th of March, and April Fools day is still 2 days away, I was joining in the fun. There is no rule that says you must check your sense of humor when you log on.
BG

Hello everyone! - Posted by Carleton Sheets

Posted by Carleton Sheets on March 30, 1999 at 15:04:55:

LOL

made ya look

Could you give me a loan? - Posted by William J. McCorkle

Posted by William J. McCorkle on March 30, 1999 at 20:22:40:

Hey Carleton, I need a loan to pay off all my criminal fines. Let me know.

Rob FL

Lots of wasted time - Posted by Patrick

Posted by Patrick on March 30, 1999 at 18:33:49:

People criticize us. Maybe you all need to join our organization; take the split and learn how to build a business rather than listening to LeGrand, Behle, etc and wasting time

Laure :wink: Is that you ? - Posted by B. Healy

Posted by B. Healy on March 30, 1999 at 16:25:13:

LOL yourself!!

bill

Re: Lots of wasted time - Posted by John (TX)

Posted by John (TX) on March 30, 1999 at 21:58:02:

Patrick,

You know, for someone who has given so much criticism about this site and those on it, you sure do spend a lot of time here.

It seems that you lurk around waiting for a chance to bait the regulars. Don’t get me wrong you have as much right to be here as anyone. Just keep in mind that you’re generating more “bad press” for yourself (your company) than good. I personally don’t think you’re changing anyone’s mind here. Who knows, maybe WE’LL convert YOU. :wink:

But lighten up. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a family here. So there’s some joking from time to time. So what? We need it. We want it. This is a fun place. Even if it is serious most of the time, it’s still fun. It could be for you too. I’m sure you’re here for a reason (like picking up some good advice for your next deal) and not just to promote your company, or to get it slammed as the case may be. LOL

In any event, give it a chance. If you decide we’re all crazy and you were right all along, well, you can always delete that bookmark.

Good luck,
John

Are you kidding? - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 30, 1999 at 19:45:51:

Patrick,

This is a joke, right? This board, slamming CS? Have you ventured over to BB2 lately? It’s a virtual Carlton love-fest. He is by far the most talked about guru on this site.

Too bad you don’t like some of the commentary, ie. criticism. 95% of the commentary/criticism I have ever read here is professional, balanced, serious, and well-intentioned. There are few shills and fewer thoughtless responses.

Frankly, I come here for the commentary/criticism. I want to hear what other investors have to say about different ideas and materials that are in use. If you offer a quality product, you have little to fear. If you offer a product predicated on strategies and market forces twenty years gone by, you deserve to be examined in today’s light.

As far as not examining the works of other successful investors, I would refer you to chapter one of Carlton’s materials. In his final section in that chapter on the “ideal investor”, Mr. Sheets says that “this person is well educated about real estate investing. He or she thoroughly understands my program, and, in addition, has read other books and has studied other courses on real estate. He or she is knowledgeable about real estate vocabulary and understands the local market” (p.1-14.

Good advice.

HR

Is This How You Make Friends? - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on March 30, 1999 at 19:11:20:

Patrick,

With a full week’s worth of informative posts here, not to mention the archives, success stories and “How To” articles, do you think that one humorous post equates to “lots of wasted time”?

Ron LeGrand, John Behle and others on this site have produced terrific results for a great many folks. Now, I’m just guessing here, but I doubt that the members of this site would agree that they are “wasting time”.

They are here to learn and implement strategies for successful real estate investing. If this process was “lots of wasted time”, the site would have died a natural death long ago. Instead, it has grown consistently over the years.

I’ve read the posts about your organization recently. However, I haven’t seen one bit of information from you that convinces me that joining your organization provides any benefit over frequenting this site. If you have some ideas that might help us, please share. Then, you can become a “guru” and people will be lining up to join your organization and ask for your advice. Otherwise, I think I’ll keep the $495, that you’re trying to get, safely in my pocket.

Bill K. (AZ)

April already? - Posted by bERT g

Posted by bERT g on March 30, 1999 at 17:44:31:

Couple days early there, aren’t you??

Re: what’s the point ??? - Posted by nancy

Posted by nancy on March 30, 1999 at 20:34:13:

Most of the post are serious, polite and professional. I am not sure if you are trying to be funny as in April Fool or sarcastic.

Learning means keeping an open mind and reading lots of books, newsletters, and listening to audio tapes.

I would advise anyone not to fixate on one guru only but to learn from all.