HELOC spreadsheet? - Posted by Steve

Posted by Dan on February 21, 2001 at 23:56:19:

Steve, your gut instinct was right…this is perfect for an excel spreadsheet. It would allow you to do anything you wanted it to do, in terms of keeping track of numbers. If you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself, call a temp agency or local college and see if you could get some college kid to come over to your house and spend 15 minutes working up a spreadsheet that you could use. It shouldn’t take that much time to do. Good luck!

HELOC spreadsheet? - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on February 21, 2001 at 23:25:44:

I have a Home equity line of credit which I currently use solely for real estate investments. At present, I have a 14 unit apartment complex and a single family house.

My problem of late is trying to keep all the original down payments, past and present expenses and improvements and interest charges separate from one another. Does anyone know of a program that would aid me? I know a spreadsheet of some kind would probably work, (I have EXCEL) however, I?m simply not sure how to begin to setup a program like this (my experience with EXCEL is admittedly limited).

In a perfect world, I?d love to simply plug in the monthly finance charge and be able to see at a glance exactly what portion of the interest is the responsibility of the 14 unit building and which is the SFH. Since I?m still occasionally putting certain expenses and improvements on the HELOC for each individual investment, the balance and the interest charges are not static numbers; they constantly change.

I don?t think QUICKEN or QUICKBOOKS is the way to go here but maybe someone out there is more familiar with those programs than I am (I have Quicken 99).

Any advice would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

try this website - Posted by AWWMi.

Posted by AWWMi. on February 22, 2001 at 24:49:25:

Try this website: www.yeiter.com
George Yeiter is a very well known and well respected professional accountant in the real estate investing field. Look for “Customized Bookeeping For Real Estate Entrepeneurs”. Hope this helps :slight_smile: