HELP!! I need advice/Help with SoCal MLS - Posted by Eric

Posted by David on April 11, 2002 at 19:08:38:

In Los Angeles county you cannot get the assessor’s or recorder’s data directly over the internet. However, you can purchase the data, on-line, from one of several providers.

David

HELP!! I need advice/Help with SoCal MLS - Posted by Eric

Posted by Eric on April 10, 2002 at 23:25:43:

I just gained access to the MLS and I’m trying to locate prospects by marketing to expired listings.

The listings don’t provide the names of the property owners, just the listing agent.

This obviously is a problem if I am going to mail them a letter with a hand written address.

Is there somewhere else to look?

Do I have to use a different MLS?

Do I have to look up the property owners name individually?

This is all that stands in the way. This has become a big inconveniece considering the work that went into getting access to the MLS.

Any input, suggestions wouold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

Re: HELP!! I need advice/Help with SoCal MLS - Posted by Ro (SoCal)

Posted by Ro (SoCal) on April 11, 2002 at 20:51:57:

Hi there: You can look up properties by address and for free at the LA County tax assessor’s website @ assessor.co.la.ca.us/ and it will give you the name and mailing address of the person to whom the tax bills are sent. It is free but pretty time consuming.
Good luck
Ro

Re: HELP!! I need advice/Help with SoCal MLS - Posted by tampasteph

Posted by tampasteph on April 11, 2002 at 12:23:25:

Hi David. I’m in Florida, so it might be different, but there is a website for our county’s property appraisor. All you do is go to the website and type in the address, and it gives you the owners name! Simple. Hope this helps!

Re: HELP!! I need advice/Help with SoCal MLS - Posted by David

Posted by David on April 11, 2002 at 10:09:34:

Eric,

That sounds about right. Many times listing agents will put “Owner” in the property owners box, or they will put “Occupant”, or nothing, or something else. I think to protect their listing and maintain privacy. Agents try to steal other agents listing all the time.

Probably what you have to do is just send it to “Homeowner” or go the extra distance and get the owner’s name and address from the county recorders office.

Good luck,
Dave