Help! I'm "Hooked on Stupid"... - Posted by Jesse

Posted by keith hutson on September 19, 2003 at 21:39:54:

AMEN! this site is like family. When you make a deal, are in the deal and ready to exit you can post here and you’ll get several tips. Everyone is real helpful. Yes it’s free and I guarantee there is not other site where, for the most part everyone is like “family”… Good luck… Come here for help anytime.

You’ll find that once you get the hang of it your time invested will return more for you than most other careers!
Keith Hutson

Help! I’m “Hooked on Stupid”… - Posted by Jesse

Posted by Jesse on September 19, 2003 at 14:00:38:

As I read the “success stories”, “how to articles”, and some postings online, I start to see how to buy real estate with no money (or little bit only), and how to sell the real estate afterwards.

What I’m missing, how to actually make money with real estate! I know, this sounds stupid (hence my subject line).

Question: does all the advice on this site boil down to:

Buy low - using as little of your own money as possible, and later lease, rent, flip/sell it higher for what you paid for?

Guys & Gals, is it really that easy?

Not “Hooked on Stupid”…just NEW! - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 19, 2003 at 15:37:08:

Jesse,
I don’t think you are hooked on stupid, and frankly, investors here and everywhere, at all levels eventually do realize that yes, it is that simple.
Buy low, exit for more than you paid.

Now, there is a lot in between to learn, like how to recognize a deal, how to structure them, and selling, renting, what ever.
You are in luck, as others indicated, this website is FULL of good info.
Keep reading, it will take months to get thru it all.
But, as you do, and questions arrise, come here and ask.
Once one method, or strategy catches your eye, get more info on that.
Free stuff online, and perhaps a course or two.

You just need to learn some methods for buying property for less than it is worth, and making a profit from that.

A lot to learn? Yes, most definitely.
We ALL learn something new everyday.

So, take action, keep reading, and stick with it.
This is not a “Get rich quick” scheme, but a business, so approach it that way.
Armed with info and education.

Good luck,
Jim FL

Pretty much so… - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 19, 2003 at 14:30:32:

Jesse---------------

Pretty much so. The difficulty is getting good deals and recognizing what is a good deal. Also, for low and no down payment, there is the issue of whether you will have positive cash flow with a large mortgage payment or not.

Different locales have different opportunities. Different people need to do differ investing programs. If you are not at ease talking and negotiating, for instance, a lot of what you read on this forum is not easy for you. And probably, therefore, not a suitable approach.

I encourage you to read my post for beginners if you have not already done so. You can find it by putting “beginners success” into the archive search function of this main board forum of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Good Investing*******Ron Starr********************

Re: Help! I’m “Hooked on Stupid”… - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on September 19, 2003 at 14:26:36:

You’re missing the middle part. It isn’t just simply “buy low, sell high”, it’s really “buy low - ADD VALUE - sell high”. What’s value? Got a few weeks? Pore through this site. Value could be anything - flexible owner financing arrangements, repairs, better marketing, better property management skills, expediency, time,… and so on.