Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by Naomi

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 16, 2003 at 18:47:04:

Bob–(CA)----------

Oh, I forgot to mention that Bronchick was there. And I find his work to be satisfactory, that of it which I have anyway.

Good Investing***********Ron Starr*******************

Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by Naomi

Posted by Naomi on September 14, 2003 at 22:11:13:

Where I live we’re expecting a direct hit of hurricane Isabel. There is going to be a great deal of damage to a lot of houses.

Has anyone gone through this, and, being an investor, can you help me see the opportunity when something like this happens - without being seen as someone trying to take advantage of the situation?

There’s gotta be something good to come out of all of this…

Thanks for any insight,

Naomi in Virginia Beach, VA

Re: Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on September 15, 2003 at 09:08:06:

After Floyd in 99 a lot of houses were washed out. If the owner didnt have flood insurance they were out of luck. I own in Ports, and Chesapeake so VA Beach is right down the street. Tie everything down and hold on.

Re: Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 14, 2003 at 23:22:24:

Naomi–(VA)------------------

I had an aunt named Naomi, my mother’s sister. You don’t see it around much these days.

Yesterday I heard Bruce Norris speaking at a San Fran Learning Center all-day real estate investing program. He told of buying several properties in FL after a hurricane. The owners were reinbursed to 80% of the property value by the insurance companies. He paid the owners the other 20% and then fixed up the properties.

Good InvestingRon Starr

Re: Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by Dennis Tn

Posted by Dennis Tn on September 14, 2003 at 22:41:05:

Went thur Hugo. The insurance co will be taking care of the damage for home owners. Some times more money then the damage they have. The best thing to do is buy as much water in a bottles and sell at a small profit. The best money you can make is with a chain saw. Insurance co were paying $600 to a $1000 to cut up and remove trees. The best thing to do is leave and come back when it is over.

Re: Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 16, 2003 at 15:34:14:

Rob–(CA)---------------

Oh, it was the usual real estate conference, speakers who are good on the platform, with mostly very high-priced educational materials to be bought. Of the six speakers, I could only recommend two: Bruce Norris and Eldred. Eldred has actual published books which cost about $20 eacj/ Bruce Norris charged $1588 for his materials. He is definately good, but I am dubious about them being worth that much. I didn’t read the written material closely, but the content did not seem very dense to me. He has some video tapes and audio products. He told me they cost a lot to put together, which I can believe. But still $1588? Really pushing it, it seems to me. But he sold several packages.

I go to some of the BAWB meetings, depending upon who is speaking and what else I have going on. Come on up, I’m approachable and wear a name tag if one is available. Not good looking, but not unfriendly either.

Good Investing*Ron Starr

Re: Help Me See the Opportunity - Posted by Rob_CA

Posted by Rob_CA on September 16, 2003 at 11:07:15:

Ron,

How was the seminar? I thought about signing up, but I am still in a mode of absorbing so much from books, that I thought a full day seminar was pre-mature. Any speakers in particular you would recommend? Bruce Norris is doing another seminar shortly in the Bay Area. Lastly, do you attend the Bay Area Wealth Builders meetings? If so, I’d like to introduce myself at the next meeting.

Thanks,
Rob