Help Me Understand Sheets and Others - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Bigfoot on April 02, 2006 at 18:15:44:

Hi Lina- I know getting to understand this board can be a bit confusing but ‘Jimmy’ was the person I responded to. As to your other question, I follow a rather conservative path. I purchase on average 1 prop per year, fee simple, and mitagate my risk by incresing the down payment a couple points each time. Rather than running hither and yon to find the “monster deal” I look within 15 miles of my home for decent buys, where I can keep an eye on them, as I plan on holding long term. My net worth has incresed 10 fold in 10 years, and I find that very acceptable. Regards, Bigfoot

Help Me Understand Sheets and Others - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on March 20, 2006 at 07:54:20:

brethren and sistren. I got into REI the hard way, without the benefit of any guru materials. I might have avoided some mistakes if I had access to this stuff when I started. Who knows. doesn’t matter now. and those mistakes were wonderful learning experiences.

Can someone give me a brief synopsis of what Sheets is teaching?

Better yet. Can someone tell me what a typical Sheets student is looking for.

Here’s why I ask. I frequently sell investment properties, and I like to carry paper when possible. I know there are investors in my market who have studied Sheets and others. Maybe there is a way for me tailor my marketing approach to attract them.

anyone??

Re: Help Me Understand Sheets and Others - Posted by Bigfoot

Posted by Bigfoot on March 23, 2006 at 07:52:34:

To be fair, my Sheets course is nearly 10 years old now, but I found it to be full of outdated ideas and thing that might be theoretically possible but invalid in the real world. I have also heard posters with newer versions make the same complaint. A better approach might be to go to your local bookstore or to Amazon and devour ten books by different authors. If one stinks, oh well. Heck, I even got one idea from Tyler Hicks and his book is mostly self promotion for other of his products. Here’s a few names to look for:Leigh Robinson, Robert Irwin, Bob & Irene Milan, Dolf De Roos, and yes even Robert Allen. By digesting the ideas from multiple authors, you can then form your own gameplan. I hope this has been helpful.

Re: Help Me Understand Sheets and Others - Posted by lina

Posted by lina on April 02, 2006 at 17:12:46:

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your comments. I recently purchased the Sheets program and found very little information to be helpful. Also alot of the information on the program, I already knew. I don’t think it was worth the money, so I returned the program. Altough the Sheets program would be helpful to those who are basic starters. I’d like to say thank you for taking the time to give some highlights on good authors. How are you doing on your end?

Thank you,

Lina