Help on Merchant Acct/Credit Card Processing?? - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on February 15, 2000 at 15:24:35:

Kerry, our bank and others turned us down because we don’t have a ‘storefront’ and real estate industry is one of ‘the highest fraud’ problems they have in credit card processing…

Joe B.

Help on Merchant Acct/Credit Card Processing?? - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on February 14, 2000 at 21:34:16:

Hi everyone, we have applied to lots of “sure your small business will be approved” credit card processing companies, trying to establish a merchant account. But have been turned down several times…

We’d like to accept VISA/MC etc. as payment of: earnest money, rent, assignment fees, etc.

We’ve been incorporated with a healthy bank account for 2.5 years, but our own bank, and others, turned us down. Both myself and my business partner have excellent credit.

Any suggestions on companies we can talk to, that you have had success with??

THANKS!!
Joe Brillante (Atlanta)

Re: Help on Merchant Acct/Credit Card Processing?? - Posted by Kerry_IL

Posted by Kerry_IL on February 15, 2000 at 14:13:20:

You say you have a “healthy” bank account and your bank turned you down? Why?

I would be out talking to other banks. It has been my experience they are the cheapest way to go.

Kerry_IL

Maybe I can help. - Posted by Dwayne

Posted by Dwayne on February 15, 2000 at 11:57:14:

Joe,
I have euqipment thqat I am looking to get rid of because we’re not using it. If you’d like you can e-mail me @ zquinn7@hotmail.com and I can give you some more info on it.
Hope I can Help,
Dwayne

Re: Help on Merchant Acct/Credit Card Processing?? - Posted by Vince_OH

Posted by Vince_OH on February 15, 2000 at 07:15:34:

Greetings…

I use a company called Verza (www.verza.com) for my on-line credit card transactions. I am sure they have a program that will benefit you.

While they have a pretty hefty transaction charge, you DON’T have to be a “merchant”…they take that responsibility.

Might be worth your time to check them out.

VAK

Re: Help on Merchant Acct/Credit Card Processing?? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 15, 2000 at 05:13:01:

Joe- I can’t give you a thumbs up or down on these but they may be worth you looking into if they haven’t already been crossed off your list.

http://www.mrlandlord.com/html/ard.html