HELP - Posted by GIOVANNI

Posted by David Butler on January 06, 2001 at 14:57:10:

Hello Giovanni,

Hey… you answered your own question. You have purchased Carleton Sheets course and are ready to put it to good use. Though not one of my favorites, it lays it all out pretty basically, and a lot of successful REI’s have started there. The place to start is studying the course, connect the dots, and then follow the plan!!!

There are many excellent courses, and many ways to go in the creative real estate business - but, you have to start someplace, you already spent the money, and you have the material right in front of you. That’s as good place to start as any!

Now… if you are also looking for input with regard to the deal itself, you’ll want to include a lot more information about the particular transaction; i.e. what type of offer you are considering, what the property value and local market conditions are, along with some generic personal information regarding credit and income status, and what your investment objectives are.
Then some of the generous successful investors on this site will have some idea of what to suggest - and the place to post that message would be over in the Main Discussion Forum.

By the way, since financing is the backbone of creative real estate investing, I strongly suggest that you consider investing another $30 on William Broadbent’s excellent book on the subject, OWNER WILL CARRY.

Hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

David P. Butler

HELP - Posted by GIOVANNI

Posted by GIOVANNI on January 04, 2001 at 17:05:50:

I PURCHASED MR SHEETS COURSE SOME TIME AGO AND I’M READY TO PUT IT TO GOOD USE. A FRIEND OF MINE IS SELLING HIS HOUSE
AND HE’S REQUESTING $30,000 (BEFORE OR AFTER CLOSING) IN HIS POCKET. I’M REAL NERVIOUS BECAUSE I REALY WANT TO PURCHASE THE HOUSE BUT HAVE N IDEA WHERE TO START.
THE HOUSE HAS A VALUE OF $170,000 HE’S REQ THAT I TAKE OVER THE LOAN.

PLEASE ASSIST ME ON PURCHASING MY FIRST PROPERTY

THANK YOU
GIOVANNI