Help! - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on February 25, 2002 at 24:00:22:

thanks Tim.

Help! - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on February 24, 2002 at 23:47:23:

Ok guys! I have looked this site over for awhile and I know I can do it, but I have a problem! A year ago I bought a house on land contract for 1 yr. I still have all kinds of credit problems, I just got fired from my job so I cant get the house refinanced. The seller will not extend the contract. I have a little over a week to figure out something so I wont have to move. The seller is gonna take over posession March 4th. I know it sounds inevitable but I dont want to move. I like it here! I also am buying it cheap. So I need to figure out how to fix my problem, so I can help “fix” someone elses!
any ideas?
Mike.

Re: Help! - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on February 24, 2002 at 23:56:01:

… So I need to figure out how to fix my problem, so I can help “fix” someone elses!

Mike,

It looks as though they don’t need help fixing their problem, they had you making the payments for the past year for them. Although your finances may not have improved, maybe theirs has. :slight_smile:

Now to ‘your’ problem is that you only have a week? That is not too long of a time to get everything in alignment. You may have waited too long to get yourself in a position to purchase.

I don’t see an option here. You made a deal, didn’t finish it, you are out. If you can’t fulfill your obligation in the contract, and the owners don’t want to help you, then it’s over for this property.

Next time don’t wait until the last week to figure out a rescue attempt, be prepared to move onward.