Help with letter to out of state owner - Posted by Carter

Posted by Carter on April 09, 2006 at 07:36:45:

Thanks. I’ll drop a note on Monday. Hope for the best.

Help with letter to out of state owner - Posted by Carter

Posted by Carter on April 07, 2006 at 14:57:11:

I’ve been checking this site out for a few weeks now. All I can say is Thank goodness I’ve found it. I have found tons of info. Some that I already knew, but much more that I didn’t. I’ve decided to GOTC and put a deal together. However, I do have a couple of questions.

I have a prospective house that I would like to rehab, if I can get it for the right price. Comparables in the area are selling for $140-160K. I have done some research and have found out that the owner is across the country. I am going to send the owner a letter asking it they want to sell. How much information should I put in the letter? Should I tell the owner much about myself? Should I tell them that I plan on flipping the house?

Re: Help with letter to out of state owner - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on April 07, 2006 at 16:14:07:

When i write letters, I dont give too much information about myself, and i DONT tell them what i want to do with the property. I keep it short and simple, i tell them i am interested in purchasing their property, are they interested in selling or do they know anyone who is… If you got a letter from someone you dont know, would you want to read some big long bio? or would you just want to know what it is about? But then again, every person is different.

Re: Help with letter to out of state owner - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Posted by Luke Hoppel on April 08, 2006 at 19:37:34:

I agree with Steve.