HELP, with reo question - Posted by Oscar IL.

Posted by Mark-IL on July 22, 2003 at 15:57:46:

You can deal directly with the listing agent or use a buyer’s agent. You just can’t deal directly with the bank on a listed property. The one main advantage of having your own agent is he/she can pull comps to make sure you know what kind of deal you’re getting.

HELP, with reo question - Posted by Oscar IL.

Posted by Oscar IL. on July 22, 2003 at 15:37:27:

Am from Chicago, IL. and Would like to know if I should get a buyers agent or go to the listing agent for an reo that I’m interested in. The reason I ask this question is cause I think I heard somewhere that when dealing with a listing agent of an reo that you can’t go directly to the listing agent and would need a buyers agent working for you in order buy the reo your interested in and wanted to know if this is true or not. Also, would like to know what exactly is the job of a buyers agent, for example does he drive to the listing agent and submit offers instead of you. Thank you and any response would be appreciated.

Re: HELP, with reo question - Posted by Brenda Whittaker

Posted by Brenda Whittaker on July 23, 2003 at 24:48:28:

You can go directly to the listing agent. IN fact, he’ll like that because he will earn the whole commission that way. Any agent can submit offers for you. A buyer’s agent represents a buyer, where usually, agents are used for sellers.