Help with Texas Laws - Posted by TX Lara

Posted by Steve(TX) on November 19, 2002 at 13:01:25:

so is it better to have the retailers license or the brokers license? I thought in order to buy and sell used MH under Texas Law you must have a retailers license.

Help with Texas Laws - Posted by TX Lara

Posted by TX Lara on November 14, 2002 at 16:59:44:

Hi again! I need to know where I can get info on Texas MH laws. I have already looked through the archives, but everything is dated in or before 2000. Anyone know where I can get current info on this? Do I talk to the Department of Transportation? Also, can lease with option to buy get around this?

Please, someone help!

Re: Help with Texas Laws - Posted by Diane (TX)

Posted by Diane (TX) on November 14, 2002 at 19:14:52:

Lara: I did an archive search on “Texas license.” There’s a good May 2002 post about Texas MH Licensing Issues (Long) and detailed info from the following 2001 post:

“I checked on the license status with the TDHCA manufactured housing authority, and in Texas, you can get a Broker’s License, which lets you buy and sell and sell for, used homes already on the lots. You can’t do major refurbs, and the broker’s license is $125 per year, and you have to attend a three day class in Austin at a cost of $125. You have to post a $20,000 bond.”

I remember someone saying the bond ran around $500/year. Check with an insurance agent.

You can do one deal without being a dealer. You can do deals in other people’s names until you decide if this is what you want to do.

TX Dept of MH & Community Affairs… - Posted by Karen

Posted by Karen on November 14, 2002 at 17:13:36:

Here is their website

Re: Help with Texas Laws - Posted by Nadine Whited

Posted by Nadine Whited on June 06, 2003 at 19:30:46:

I could really use your help. I have been fiancing a solitare mobile home for 10 years now. I have it on my own property which I own. I have my home and land up for sell. I have two differnt couples interested in buying my home. The problem is trying to make my home real property. Where can I go to do that and what is involved in that? My realestate agent does not know how to find a fiance company for theses couples since we have our land and home separate.What is the new laws on real property and me selling my home. Thank you for your help.

Re: Help with Texas Laws - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on January 10, 2003 at 19:58:14:

What are the laws to set up a mobile home the right way?

Re: Help with Texas Laws - Posted by matt redmond

Posted by matt redmond on November 15, 2002 at 11:51:08:

You can do major refurbs - just not on MHs that have been salvaged (as defined by law). As long as the MH has not been ‘totalled’ by an insurance company or received a salvage title, you can do all the fixin’ up you like.

Re: Help with Texas Laws - Posted by W. J. Hubanks

Posted by W. J. Hubanks on August 09, 2003 at 13:07:40:

Please direct me to the rules and regulations on how to tie down a moble home.