Hey Mr Garcia... - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 16, 2001 at 14:15:20:

Thanks Mr Garcia, Bruce Lawson found me.

Greg NY

Hey Mr Garcia… - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 16, 2001 at 11:00:55:

…since you’re a money guru, let me know something.

I’ve been entertaining the idea of filing Chapter 7. I’m about $15,000 in debt and past due on almost all of it.
I tried credit counseling but being a single dad, its tough.

I make about $25,000 a year. I’m on a month to month extension at my job until I find another job (i’m temporary).

Will a chapter 7 completely wipe out all debt? I’m hearing that Bush is lobbying for a new bankruptcy, that won’t allow you to erase unsecured debt. I would like to file to start over fresh.

Most my debt was from being young and stupid. I have charge-offs that date back to 1995 (will be on report until 2005). I’m looking for a way out that won’t cost me an arm and a leg. I need a QUICK fix.

Can you recommend anything for me? REI is my future but my past is KILLING me! Thanks for you advice in advance.

Greg NY

No need to spare my feelings in your response, I have VERY thick skin.

By the way, my female “friend” here thinks you ook like a mofia hitman :-).

Re: Hey Mr Garcia… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 16, 2001 at 14:11:13:

Greg,

I would like to suggest for you to go to http://www.creditinfocenter.com/. There you will find everything you will need to work on your credit for FREE. If I were to recommend a specific agency it would be ICR. A ICR rep who frequents this site is Bruce Lawson. I suggest you scroll the board and find Bruce’s name and e-mail him for information.

Ed Garcia