Hey, someone here?

Hi, is it me or is the forum dead ?

I am here every day. or so.

NT…

Pour some fuel and light it up… Lets talk about investing and deals.

Jim

bot

This week. Closed on a vacant lot to build a spec house on.

CLosed on a SFR. Had offerred 37.5% of what they were asking. Settled on 50%. Already rented. Needs some work but will be a good rental.

Arlanj

I am buying 3 more rentals right now and working on a couple flips as well. Buying all with private lenders and joint venture arrangements = no banks are happy transactions for me.

Market is outstanding for cash flow and equity gains.

Jim

I swing by here a couple of times per week.

Just bought a deal at 52% ARV.

One thing about sellers is that money is not always the primary motivation for selling a home.

–Natalie

One thing about sellers is that money is not always the primary motivation for selling a home.

–Natalie

Well said Natalie.

I typically swing by here daily, missed a few days while in Fla.

Was running out of houses to rehab a motnh ago, looked at a bunch of houses in a few week period, wrote eight offers, nothing, ramped it up looked 30+ houses in a fur day period, wrote 16 offers nothing, all of a sudden had three offers accepted in one day, two days later got an email from my realtor, bank is willing to accept an offer I had put in a couple weeks prior for 65k, said ill buy for 60k not the 65 I offered earlier, two days later they accepted. 129k house needing 30k in rehab, couple days later another bank “accepted” offer from a few weeks prior that i had submitted at 23k, now my offer is 17k. They havent accepted it yet.

I have three houses pending on the sell side, all sold in under 30dom, got four in the closing cycle two being rehabbed… I am pleased as punch … maybe the forum isnt as alive as it used to be but eal estate activity seems to be alive and well

Wow… I just fixed the house and sitting with it in MLS, no bites. Dropped the price, second week, no bites. Looks like should rent it out now. It is not exactly what I want but can’t think about other ideas at a moment…

Previous property I flipped; sold it for 59k in July and my buyer fixed it and sold for 119k in August with comps 75k the most. They sold it to somewhat LLC that rents the house now. My question is how people can do that? I don’t see no incentives for last buyer and trying to figure out where is the catch?

It really is surprising how slow this forum is. I have noticed that many other REI forums are also very slow. But WHY? Are there very few people left in REI, or where has everyone gone? Are there better ways to make a good living and be an entrepreneur these days?

Are there certain types of REI that are not as good as they used to be, or more risky, or any other factors that make them less attractive? I know that getting traditional financing is a lot harder than it used to be. But, there are other ways such as wholesaling, private money, sub2, etc. I personally have always like sub2 because I don’t have to deal with getting any kind of financing or credit checks, but I can build up monthly cash flow. But even with sub2 there is almost no discussion going on anywhere online. What is causing all this?

[QUOTE=soccercoach;887115]It really is surprising how slow this forum is. I have noticed that many other REI forums are also very slow. But WHY? Are there very few people left in REI, or where has everyone gone? Are there better ways to make a good living and be an entrepreneur these days?

Are there certain types of REI that are not as good as they used to be, or more risky, or any other factors that make them less attractive? I know that getting traditional financing is a lot harder than it used to be. But, there are other ways such as wholesaling, private money, sub2, etc. I personally have always like sub2 because I don’t have to deal with getting any kind of financing or credit checks, but I can build up monthly cash flow. But even with sub2 there is almost no discussion going on anywhere online. What is causing all this?[/QUOTE]

The market now is harder than it was 5 years ago…lots of “investors” back then were just buying and reselling and still making money due to the run up in prices and easy financing.

Now you have to get creative and there are far fewer people doing that these days. The ones that are really kicking butt are too busy to hang out here.

You also some old time regs that didnt like the software change here. Sailor is missed for example.

Do some deals and asks some questions…activity will pick up here and out there again.

[QUOTE=arlanj;887021]This week. Closed on a vacant lot to build a spec house on.

CLosed on a SFR. Had offerred 37.5% of what they were asking. Settled on 50%. Already rented. Needs some work but will be a good rental.

Arlanj[/QUOTE] I’m a real developer here in Louisiana. How are you financing your spec house deal?

Format?

The “new” format isn’t so new anymore, but I posted more under the old format where you could see the threads as they progressed. I can’t see from the homepage when my favorite and familiar posters are responding to a particular question, so I am less inclined to participate.

Drew (first visited discussion board in 1997(or 1998?).

Structure your financing without banks and you will succeed. Work with private lenders and develop joint ventures is the key to buying and developing.

Also commit to get seller financing.

Jim

a local bank for financing

[QUOTE=prowe35;887120]I’m a real developer here in Louisiana. How are you financing your spec house deal?[/QUOTE]

I bought a dozen lots a few years back. Have been building 1 or 2 a year…

[QUOTE=deepscout;887122]The “new” format isn’t so new anymore, but I posted more under the old format where you could see the threads as they progressed. I can’t see from the homepage when my favorite and familiar posters are responding to a particular question, so I am less inclined to participate.

Drew (first visited discussion board in 1997(or 1998?).[/QUOTE]

It is so true! I am suffering current format and if I find website with old format forum I will be right there.

Concerning the ‘new format’

Does everyone recognize that you can see all the new posts since the last time you read specific posts? There is even an option for how a specific thread is displayed.

I think the new format is a whole lot better. You just need to adjust how you think about the site. Pretty much everything you want is there.

Post questions here or start a fresh thread for site topics.