Holiday Market, Great time to Buy - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by danny on December 20, 1999 at 16:07:20:

I have purchased a few houses around the holidays. I think it is a great time to find a deal. other investors are busy with holiday activities. I am also selling a house now FSBO and was very pleased with the open house we had last weekend.

Holiday Market, Great time to Buy - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on December 20, 1999 at 13:59:45:

Hello everyone,
as many of you know I like mobile homes, and I wanted to share an observation in that field regarding the holiday season.
Right now it is pre Xmas and for some reason I think psychologically people want to amass money. The motivated sellers are out there and now is the time to strike while the iron is hot. So get out there and talk to your PM’s, see if there are any park owned homes etc, and make a deal. From the parks perspective I have found that Dec. in General is a bad month, because mobile home tenants are going to be late with the Jan. Payment etc. They are in a weakened position and some great deals can be made if one takes advantage of it.
With mobile homes of course, you will want to take careful examination of their condition etc. I live in the San Diego area, so here the weather is not really a concern, however if your in Fargo, and have snow be sure to check everything out, pipes etc.
Anyhow just thought I would say something, good luck to every and I hope everyone is having a good and profitable holiday season.
Dirk

Glad you’re back!! (nt) - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 20, 1999 at 14:26:59:

nt

Re: Holiday Market, Great time to Buy - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on December 20, 1999 at 14:20:16:

Dirk,

I’m glad that you started this thread. I, too, believe that this time of year is a good time to buy.

I’ve got a home that I’ve been trying to sell for 3 months. I haven’t had a nibble in a few weeks, and I don’t expect to get another nibble for a couple more weeks. Nonetheless, I’m impatient, and I want an offer NOW.

So, I looked at my situation and feelings, and found that other sellers probably felt the same way. It may be the holidays, but there are sellers out there who are anxious for a sale. With the slow down in buying activity, an offer from ANYONE would be a blessing. In fact, it might be the best present that a seller could receive at this time of year.

I’d like to hear other’s success stories with purchases during the holidays.

To each and every one of you, Happy Holidays! Let’s make 2000 a landmark year!

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Holiday Market, Great time to Buy - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 20, 1999 at 15:06:58:

In addition to the holidays, there may be alot of concerns of Y2K. They are probably ill-founded concerns, but exist none the less.