How can I sell a home/car package? - Posted by JT

Posted by Sailor on August 22, 2005 at 20:34:08:

I dunno, but had been thinking of marketing my boat as a pkg deal w/my waterfront house. However, house has gone up so much I probably don’t need the incentive. Thought about offering to swap it for MH’s, but it’s worth more than the kind of MH that would interest me (very few true bluewater cruising boats are being built now). Have really just been putting off selling it because it has such sentimental value to me. I know that isn’t a practical attitude, but I’ve watched too many tropical sunrises & sunsets from the cockpit to do what’s necessary. I’ve turned down unsolicited cold hard ca$h in the past, but somehow think it might be easier for me to let go in a swap. Anybody have any pragmatic ideas?

Tye

How can I sell a home/car package? - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on August 22, 2005 at 20:01:00:

I am sure some of you have done this. I am wanting to sell my wifes Suburban and thought I might just lump in the Sub. along with a home. How do I keep my buyer from going back home(South of the Border) with my car? There are “Buy Here Pay Here” lots all over the area the home is in so I know someone is making some bucks doing it. Any insight is appreciated.

Re: How can I sell a home/car package? - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on August 23, 2005 at 11:52:46:

JT,
The tote the note guys do a couple of different things. Most of the bigger ones have gone to a low jack type system that has GPS tracking of the vehicle and a kill switch if the buyer does something they are not supposed to (ie run off, stop paying). Others just have very good skip traces and make the buyers come in weekly to make payments so that they can’t get to much of a head start. They really don’t care very often though as they usually get there money out pretty quick.

In your case if you sell it with a home then just make sure the buyer is really good and qualified. That or you may look into some type of GPS tracking but not sure its feasible for just one vehicle sale.