how do I approach owner of vacant house... - Posted by tranbient

Posted by John D. Wilson on August 27, 2003 at 07:27:54:

Always call them first. This will always bring the best results. If when you call and get an answering machine, I never leave a message. I always try back another time. I have never once had anyone call me back after leaving a message. If they don’t answer, then I would send them a letter.

how do I approach owner of vacant house… - Posted by tranbient

Posted by tranbient on August 27, 2003 at 02:25:10:

I have found a vacant house in a nice town surrounded by nice houses. The owners mailing address is out of town according to the tax assessment info. What is the best way to approach this owner. Find out his number and call him? Maybe he will think I am a snoop. Send him a letter? What is the best wording? Has anyone found any courses dealing with this first crucial step in contact?

thanks

T

Re: how do I approach owner of vacant house… - Posted by doug,ky

Posted by doug,ky on August 27, 2003 at 10:56:38:

The best way to approach the owner of vacant property with an out of town owner is to be nonconfrontational. Write a letter explaining as best you can telling him you notice the property and that you’re a landlord in the area and have experienced some of the messes that tenants make and have experience in fixing property and ask if he needs to have any of the work done. Then, tell him if he’s interested in selling you would be interested.

Best of luck

Doug

Re: how do I approach owner of vacant house… - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on August 27, 2003 at 09:48:06:

There are some steps on www.deadleads.com that you can follow but if you are looking for a course in cold calling techniques I don’t thik you will find one directly related to RE. When I first started out making cold calls I bought a cold calling sales book by Stephen Schiffman at my local Barnes and Noble. Very informative…

Approach them from upwind usually works… - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on August 27, 2003 at 07:49:24:

best.