How do I remove smoke odor - Posted by Beldorian

Posted by Brian (ATL) on February 13, 2001 at 17:28:14:

Company in Atlanta specializes in just this - ODOR FREE - is the company name. Ask for owner Joe Rincon. Office 770-424-5595. Good Luck.

How do I remove smoke odor - Posted by Beldorian

Posted by Beldorian on February 13, 2001 at 15:04:44:

Hey,

We just bought a home where the wife smoked inside constantly. Is there any way to actually remove the smoke odors instead of just covering them up with plug-ins?

Thanx for your help!
–Beld

Serious smoke odor… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 14, 2001 at 19:08:50:

Beld,

If you have Serious smoke odor – like fire damaged property – there is some stuff called zinzer that is a kilz-like product. My Sherwin Williams rep told me about it, and I used it on charred wood from a bad fire damaged property I bought. If the smell is real bad, you definately want to eliminate it: it will “bleed” through insulation, sheetrock, primer, paint, etc. and create a nasty smoke smell. I don’t think a smoker would qualify for this stuff; that ain’t bad enuf. But, should you ever need it, this stuff is out there. It worked miracles. You would never know this house had fire damage. Only problem? It’s like $23/galleon. Ouch!

HR

PS. Be sure to wear a mask when spraying on. Ohhhh-weeeee will you get a serious high from the stuff. It’s a super-Kilz product.

That would be me - Posted by Rick(CA)

Posted by Rick(CA) on February 14, 2001 at 01:41:20:

I sell the machines on the side. They produce fresh air that eliminates odors and indoor pollution. Email me offline with your name and address and I’ll send you some information.

Re: How do I remove smoke odor - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on February 13, 2001 at 17:03:28:

I’ve bought a number of mobile homes that stink and are tainted yellow from chainsmoking old ladies. We paint all surfaces with Kilz to seal it in, then paint a final coat over top. Smell is gone. (Or at least the smell of fresh paint is stronger!)

Awhile ago someone was talking about an ozone machine that took odor away. Check the archives.

Karl Kleiner