How Do I to Get Started????? - Posted by Kenneth L. Selmore

Posted by N 2 R.E. on December 20, 1999 at 02:07:25:

I am sorry to hear of the many challenges you have faced in what sounds like arather short period of time.

Based on your situation, I would suggest you start off in either the rehab business or Lease options. Since I’m more of a rehab guy, I suggest you read Buy it, Fix it, Sell it, PROFIT by Kevin Myers. This book will give you all the information you need to get started.

Also, continue to seek help from individuals on this web site and review the how to articles also found on this site.

Best of luck to you!!

N 2 R.E.

How Do I to Get Started??? - Posted by Kenneth L. Selmore

Posted by Kenneth L. Selmore on December 19, 1999 at 21:54:11:

Dear Sirs/Madam:

I am a 43 year old college graduate with an MBA, a wife and two children. Several years ago my youngest child was stricken with a rare form of leukemia. The disease lasted for about 2&1/2 years. During that time my wife, a retired ex-professional 17 ranked world class tennis player working with the USTA United States Tennis Association had to leave her full time position to live with our then 4 month old daughter at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer hospital. We survived on my salary alone and incurred tremendous debts. Because of the time span of the illness we exhausted all of our retirment savings and bank accounts. Then as mysteriously as the disease appeared it went into remission. To further compicate matters, my wife was diagnosed with cancer of the spine and had to undergo 16 hours of surgery for a spinal fusion and bone graft of the L1 & L2 vertebrae, to make matter worse I was downsized from my corporate director’s position and we were surviving on unemployment for 6 months. Two years ago I started working in the financial services industry insurance/investment products. I have my series 6 license. (strictly commission). My business is slowly starting to pay off, but now that I am out of that 9 to 5 working for someone else mentality, I want more, but don’t know how or where to start. My credit is shot, I’m behind on my bills, (college, credit cards, etc,.) but I want to suplement my retirement and lifestyle and thought real estate investing might be my ticket to true financial independence.My wife is back working full time now, so at least we are able to pay our rent and buy food. I want more. Can someone please help.

I live in Manhattan (New York City) to poor to move, with only the few clients I have from my insurance brokerage business.

I am very good at following plans, I just need help formulating a gameplan to follow and a support group. Can anyone Help? 212-927-4646

Kenneth L. Selmore

Re: How Do I to Get Started??? - Posted by Dealing Dave

Posted by Dealing Dave on December 20, 1999 at 03:30:28:

Sounds like you’ve had a rough time of it lately.well to much to say (or type) here send me your e-mail and i’ll send you my office number and maybe help you out.also keep reading the stuff in here and read some of the “how to’s”. And we’ll see if we can’t get you started on your way.