How do y'all make this work in..... - Posted by PATCH

Posted by Thundercrac on February 07, 2002 at 09:17:17:

I’ve not bought anything yet. But based on my readings of books and Internet sites and articles, I guess you have to let the motivated seller find you. Put ads in papers, flyers, stuff like that. I think you know that. Just be a RE Marketer. I wouldn’t call FSBO’s. I think that’s a waste of time. They will just blow you off. I think the key is, market yourself to the public that you buy houses. Maybe I sound dumb. Like I said, I have no experience in the game yet. I’m making flyers right now, ordered business cards and getting rates on newspaper ads. I don’t know what will happen. But I’m not going to waste my time on unmotivated sellers. Well – tell me your thoughts. I’m ready to take some cristism.

How do y’all make this work in… - Posted by PATCH

Posted by PATCH on February 07, 2002 at 08:08:29:

I moved here to sunny Orlando, FL…
Been studying LeGrand and Sheets for about two years.
Actually bought and sold some in my previous state where
it wasn’t that RE crowded…

How do y’all handle REI overpopulation…
I can’t count how many signs, advertisements, ads, etc.
that I have seen since I moved here.

What are some good ways to deal with REI overpopulation?
OK.OK.OK.
I know… You’re going to say there is enough to go around for all the investors… To some extent, I believe that.
But honestly, it’s bull.
I’m talking many, many, many investors.
Enough to saturate this market. Almost to the point that I think it gives investors a bad rep.
I can only imagine trying to sell my home (FSBO) and getting called by 30 investors, all with the same pitch.

Any thoughts?

PATCH

Re: How do y’all make this work in… - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on February 07, 2002 at 12:38:45:

Don’t assume the investors in your area are reaching all motivated sellers. What you are seeing in your area is evidence of the passive advertising that most investors do: Bandit signs , newspaper ads, etc.
What you don’t really know is how much “active” marketing is going on…the postcards/letters/flyers sent out to specific groups of homeowners (like people who have expired listings or homeowners in foreclosure).You might be surprised at how few of these markets are being reached, and you won’t know until you try. Get to know a Realtor in your area and hit them up periodically for expired listings…then send out a couple of hundred postcards to see what the response is. And the nice thing about leads generated this way is that you generally won’t be competing with other investors (as you are when someoen calls your newspaper ad). The more you work this business, the more you realize how many untapped markets there are…and there’s virtually no way investors are saturating every market.
Russ