How do you determine FICO score from credit report? - Posted by David

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on May 16, 2000 at 13:53:22:

David, I just wanted to give you an “atta boy” for your excellent article. It answered many questions for me, and I’ve been using it for several months to help buyers, sellers, friends and family members to understand the importance of good credit, what determines credit risk, and how it’s used.

Stacy

How do you determine FICO score from credit report? - Posted by David

Posted by David on May 15, 2000 at 18:11:15:

Hello to everyone,
I would like to know how a FICO score can be determined from your credit report and what is good and bad as far as the scores go.
Thank you

Re: How do you determine FICO score from credit report? - Posted by David Butler America’s Note Network

Posted by David Butler America’s Note Network on May 15, 2000 at 20:42:37:

Hello David,

FICO Score - Experian (Beacon - Equifax; Empirica - Transunion) is determined by a computer model licensed to the three major credit bureaus, measuring approx 30 variables of an individual’s credit profile, weighting the results according to the model’s internal operating formulas, and then reconciled as a point total (i.e. the score). Subscribers pay extra for scored reports, and in most instances, an individual is not able to order a scored report for himself with regard to his own credit. But there are ways around that.

First, you might want to take a look at the extensive article I wrote on the subject (Understanding Credit Reports and Credit Ratings), at notenetwork.com - This website is for sale! - notenetwork Resources and Information.

Second, several smaller bureaus offer scored reports, and they are not always as set in their ways about who orders them… if you need to, you can have a local car dealer or landlord run one for you (reimbursing him of course). If you have a tough time with this, feel free to email me at and I’ll get a couple of places for you to call. Hope this helps.

David P. Butler Vice President, Broker Relations