how does a motivated seller find investor in CO? - Posted by Chelsea

Posted by Chelsea on October 13, 2003 at 15:54:12:

Well, that’s not too far fetched. We’ve considered moving the house out here to Oregon land. We have quotes for moving at $7200. Problem being - where do we find financing for the move, teardown, setup and down payment on land? My husband qualifies for VA, but they tell us we can’t use it to move a MH - just purchase already placed. The other problem being - how do we know we aren’t moving a liability across country? We’d be investing a lot of money in an already upside down house… Still think finding an investor in CO would be smartest for us.

how does a motivated seller find investor in CO? - Posted by Chelsea

Posted by Chelsea on October 06, 2003 at 13:41:18:

I like to think I’m motivated - our 1999 DW has been for sale in a Thornton CO park for 15 months with various brokers - no offers. Our most recent brokers has sold one house since New Years - is the market that dead in Colorado?

We relocated to Oregon and can’t handle paying for an empty house. We owe $46K to Greenpoint - have been asking $39,900 - will take ANYTHING we can take to Greenpoint. They are willing to talk about a short sale, but have to have an offer first. We can even pay a certain balance off - just need a buyer!

Also could do a lease option, although the park isn’t too happy about the idea. They stipulate that the buyer take possession after a specific term and that they see the contract.

Even willing to finance a buyer. I think we have mechanisms for a deal, but no one to deal with … we just don’t have the resources to find a buyer long-distance. Hence the need for an investor (I think). Where would I find such a person? Or is this a hopeless situation?

Thanks in advance -
Chelsea

Consider this ‘out of the box’ thinking. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 06, 2003 at 16:54:18:

Have a bogus friend submit a ‘what if offer’. I mean have them (you, using an alias and friend’s address) send the lender a letter ASKING IF they would accept X dollars on a short sale (like about 20k). This is not making an offer, it is kind of a solicitation of an offer at the suggested amount. If they show interest proceed as below.

I guess it would cost about $4 per mile per side to move it to California. It should be worth twice as much here. That may be your most viable option, especially if you offer to finance it on attractive terms.

I might even consider it myself. I can always find a place to put it. If not I would be willing to help you try to find a buyer here but you need some real numbers to work with first.

Regards, doc