How far would YOU go ... - Posted by MattK

Posted by michaela on July 17, 2002 at 06:58:20:

as craig says, make a deal with a moving company, but put a 1-day limit on it, because you don’t want her to need help packing etc, that could get really expensive.

does that other town have a local rei group? maybe you can go to their next meeting and announce, that you’re looking for a house with whatever things she wants.
if you get a bunch of answers, then take her down there for a day, show her properties. you may make some extra money that way if you negotiate a special finder’s fee with the owners.

How far would YOU go … - Posted by MattK

Posted by MattK on July 16, 2002 at 22:57:44:

Hi Guys,
I’m just opening up some discussion here. I have a seller willing to sell me her house at a deep discount.The thing is she wants me to find her a new house in a town about an hour south and she wants me to rent a few U-Hauls and personnally move her down there when we close.Now the profit I can make on her house is quite large so I’m willing to go the extra mile.

My question to all of you is how far have you gone to close on a deal? All over the top stories are welcome, no holding back!

–Matt

Re: How far would YOU go … - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on July 17, 2002 at 18:28:11:

If she has the funds to purchase the new house or credit to get the new house, you are sitting pretty. I would bend over backwards to help her out.

I have helped people move, paint, change carpets, steam clean some client’s carpets, give them moving boxes, etc… If the deal is quite large as you say, I would be her best friend and get hopping on getting it done.

Re: How far would YOU go … - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on July 16, 2002 at 23:51:44:

If she is cutting you a deal on this house and that is what she is asking for for her genrosity then do it!! I don’t know if I would personally move her stuff because of liability issues, but I would personally hire a moving company if the deal would cover it. In fact that is a great creative idea that you can use next time to close a deal. “If you agree to my terms, I’ll arrange to move your stuff.” - win/win

Re: How far would YOU go … - Posted by Mattk

Posted by Mattk on July 18, 2002 at 21:08:24:

Excellent advice Tim,
I’m trying to get hopping. The only thing holding it up is her not having a place to move. I met an agent in the area she’s looking at moving and he is willing to help find a house.
I’m trying my best to put this deal together!

–Matt