How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh's? - Posted by Robert

Posted by David Krulac on April 07, 2006 at 06:34:23:

look at the zoning ordinance for the area that you’re interested in. check to see if there is public water and public sewer available as that will also determine lot size. typically with public water and sewer you can get 1/3 acre lots and without 1 acre lots. but that is NOT unioversal. you also need to allow for non usable land such as road, utilities, common areas, wet lands, flood plains, etc. which will NOT be buildable.

How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh’s? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on April 07, 2006 at 02:44:48:

Hi,

How would I figure how much land is needed to build 200 single family homes?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh’s? - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on April 07, 2006 at 20:29:34:

It depends on where you wantt to build. The municipality may require a certain minimum lot size, road frontage etc. Do you need to build a road? What are the specs? These things come into play when figuring acreage.

Re: How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh’s? - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on April 07, 2006 at 13:59:29:

Thank You All for you responses. I appreciate it.

Robert

Re: How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh’s? - Posted by Rob Ricker

Posted by Rob Ricker on April 07, 2006 at 13:28:10:

If you’re subdividing, you might figure on about 1/2 acre per lot. This seems to be the typical size I see (actually 100x150’). Of course, this depends on if you’re building the typical “bread and butter” houses or what your plan is exactly.

Re: How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh’s? - Posted by marin

Posted by marin on April 07, 2006 at 12:36:04:

Can I do the FINANCING on this deal? I’d really like to get in on the Construction Loan/Purchase end of this contract.

Let’s talk about it…

Re: How Much Land is Needed for 200 sfh’s? - Posted by Dons

Posted by Dons on April 07, 2006 at 11:19:55:

In the township where my own home is located the zoning used to require a minimum of one acre per house because of the need for septic systems. Eventually, as the area grew, they changed one house per 5 acres! Big lots now!

Across town I own a spot of land, a little over 2 acres that happens to be zoned and platted for 7 homes.

So, like Robert said…it depends on the zoning.

Don