How much to pay to assign lease option deal? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on April 03, 2006 at 01:42:00:

I agree with that Ed and I wouldn’t normally be doing this deal. However, it is for my own personal residence and I am pretty certain that I will be a good tenant to myself. :wink:

So how about an affordable house? Something you would typically invest in. Could you describe to me your typical investment and if you were going to assign the contract from another investor, what would be your range for the flat fee you would be willing to pay?

I’m just trying to get a sense of what others pay or would pay to assign an investment deal so if I end up assigning the above deal for my personal residence I can have some other view points to work from other than my original thoughts of what I think is a decent assignment price.

Brian

How much to pay to assign lease option deal? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on April 01, 2006 at 22:40:18:

What should I pay investors to assign a creative deal from them like a lease option? Is there a model for this?

A range of % of the purchase price?
A range of % of the expected profit?

Thanks!

Re: How much to pay to assign lease option deal? - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on April 02, 2006 at 11:35:27:

Brian,

As James Harris says, ?What ever you’re comfortable with? or you can negotiate.

However a big consideration will be the deal in hand. Some will be better then others and that will definitely make a difference in the negotiation.

Ed Garcia

Re: How much to pay to assign lease option deal? - Posted by James Harris

Posted by James Harris on April 02, 2006 at 07:51:41:

What ever you’re comfortable with.

Re: What are you guys comfortable with? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on April 02, 2006 at 20:22:57:

Thanks for the responses guys. So if there is no model to go by then let me ask what you would do…

On a lease option deal where the purchase price was $500k, no upfront money paid to owner, 3 year term, $25k in initial captured equity, 10% appreciation rate, positive cash flow each mo, …What would be your guy’s own personal range for what you would feel comfortable paying to assign the deal from another investor?

I’m starting to look at deals similar to this right now and could use a few real world examples. Thanks!

Re: What are you guys comfortable with? - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on April 03, 2006 at 01:04:47:

Brian,

This is not a deal I would do.

When doing Lease/Options, I suggest you do them on properties considered affordable living. Market rents on a $500,000 house usually won?t cover the mortgage payments when refinancing.

Today with credit so available, for a tenant to have to do a lease/option, chances are they?re a credit criminal. You?ve put a lease/option together on someone I wouldn?t even rent to. Lease/Options are also a vehicle used when the house won?t sell.

Lease/Options are a good way to put deals together with little exposure, however when doing deals; they still must make economic sense.

Ed Garcia