How to find MHP owners in TX? - Posted by The Mobilaire

Posted by Tim on February 11, 2002 at 22:15:08:

Chuck,
I disagree with you on this post. I think he was asking the right question about how to find the owners name so he can bypass the manager. Personally I think he is the one taking the rifle approach because he is working hard and will uncover deals that never will even make it to a website or newspaper. I have been in land development for 12 years and the LAST place I would ever look for land or a mobile home would be in the paper or on a website like the ones you mentioned. This is the place you go to sell after you do your deal and you are trying to sell them at a profit. Nothing beats cold calling on the telephone for land or MH deals. Its work, but these are the people that will uncover the best deals and make the most money

Bill: You may want to try sending a letter to the address of the mobile home park. On the letter, put OWNER & PERSONAL & CONFIDENTIAL. Maybe the manager will save this for the owner or send it to him. The key is to make it look official so the manager will be scared to open it. Also put “Time Sensitive Material” stamped on it somewhere.

How to find MHP owners in TX? - Posted by The Mobilaire

Posted by The Mobilaire on February 05, 2002 at 15:17:37:

I am interested in buying a MHP in Texas. Whenever I call a MHP and talk with the management, they refuse to give me the name and number of the owners (with their good right of course!). How do I reach MHP owners? The tax records often only show the name of a company with the address of the park.

Thanks for your help on this and for all the valuable info in the discussion forum.

Yours truly,

The MOBILAIRE!!

Re: How to find MHP owners in TX? - Posted by Shane

Posted by Shane on February 06, 2002 at 16:38:57:

e-mail me I know a few for sale in southeastern Texas that are for sale and not listed.

Re: How to find MHP owners in TX? - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on February 05, 2002 at 18:14:50:

It sounds like your going at this all backwards… as in your calling blind and trying to reach the owner, who in most cases isn’t anywhere near the park, and if your fortunate enough to actually reach one, your gonna ask if they want to sell it?

If that’s the case your spinning your wheels.

Try this - www.mobilehomeparkstore.com

Re: How to find MHP owners in TX? - Posted by Bill in MO

Posted by Bill in MO on February 05, 2002 at 20:54:34:

Chuck,

I respectfully disagree. I believe The Mobilaire is right on the money.

I look at mobilehomeparkstore.com every day. Sometimes twice looking for opportunities. There aren’t enough listings and the prices/deals are not up to snuff. But it is easy. Calling managers/owners is hard. There’s always something I’d rather do.

However when I force myself to call I learn so much I promise I’ll do it again soon. I’ve found many owners (you have to be polite and persistent to get past the manager) interested in selling. They’re happy to talk and share information. These parks are in my backyard and will probably never be on the web. I’m fortunate since there are so many parks close to where I live. I’d rather drive 30 minutes than the 3 or 4 hours I’ve considered.

I’ve called only a dozen or so and had nice conversations with most. I also get valuable info on rents, vacancies, homes for sale, etc.

If I called you to inquire if you’d like to sell a park, you’d probably be nice and maybe interested. It never hurts to ask.

Chuck, I’ve enjoyed your posts. Thanks for your time in helping me and others on this site.

Bill

Re: How to find MHP owners in TX? - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on February 05, 2002 at 21:25:14:

The mobilehomeparkstore is just one source… what about the local paper, local realtors/brokers?

My point is that he’s using a shotgun when he should be using a rifle or pistol.

Focusing your efforts, improves your results.