How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by Kala

Posted by Dennie on April 28, 2003 at 13:37:44:

I do not know how to find it in your state. Is it a trust deed state or a mortgage state? If a trust deed state, then you can obtain them from the county recorders office or from someone who obtains them there and sells the list.

In my state,a trust deed state, the county has an online site that you can query to obtain the information. It is a membership site that costs about $150 to sign up and $25 per month.

There is probably a paper in your county that prints legal notices such as notices of sale. They might be able to give you a list of the notices of default.

How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by Kala

Posted by Kala on March 05, 2003 at 18:21:09:

Is there a way to obtain lists of homes in preforeclosure? How do people normally find out if a home is going to go into foreclosure, prior to it being announced in the paper?

Thanks

Re: How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by Vw

Posted by Vw on June 08, 2003 at 12:16:31:

How to find and how to bid?

Re: How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by Dennie

Posted by Dennie on March 13, 2003 at 16:24:43:

In my state which is a trust deed state, a notice of default is filed with the county recorders office about four months before the foreclosure. This information can be obtained on-line through a subscription in my county.

Re: How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by GMann

Posted by GMann on March 05, 2003 at 19:55:15:

Lenders can not divulge any info about the borrower to anyone until the notice of FC is posted. Even then you still can’t get the juicy details because of the Privacy Act.

One way to get the info is to buy mortgages that are in default from lenders. The other way is to place ads in the papers that says you buy houses even if they are in FC, or something to that degree.

Re: How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by patricia crockett

Posted by patricia crockett on July 17, 2003 at 15:53:00:

Do I have to have a real estate license to buy foreclosure homes.

Re: How to find preforeclosure homes - Posted by Sherrylynn Chalender

Posted by Sherrylynn Chalender on April 25, 2003 at 15:02:34:

Hello Thank you for your time.
I just drove from Anchorage Alaska to Charlotte NC and I do not know a soul. I took a leave of absence for 60 days to see if I could create a better quality of life for myself. Charlotte seems to be a nice area and the people are quite nice. I would like to get a preforeclosure list for Meckenburg County . Can you please assist me?

Thank you again,

Sherrylynn