How to find sellers - Posted by Sean

Posted by Mike (IN) on March 06, 2002 at 07:22:22:

My signs say; WE BUY HOUSES XXX-XXXX

That’s It. You don’t want to educate them with your signs…just get the motivated sellers to call.

The most effective place for placement for me has been…closer to the “edge” of the city limits, by nice neighborhoods I am targeting, busy intersections, by shopping centers, schools, etc.

Most of my signs stay up for about a month or so before disappearing.

How to find sellers - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on March 05, 2002 at 18:52:32:

Good evening,

I am a small investor in Atlanta working on intown properties. I just recently started doing this full time and was wondering if anyone would share there secrets to locating properties.

I have spent long hours in the car searching for homes, even longer looking up owner’s addresses and phone numbers. I then send them a 4/6 card stating I am interested in purchasing there home. I have currently sent out over 600 cards and have received 6 calls…two of them were possibilities.

I have thought about the bandit signs and an ad in the Sunday paper. Any other thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help. Feel free to e-mail me anytime to talk "shop"......sean_gettings@yahoo.com

Thanks Sean

Re: How to find sellers - Posted by Deven

Posted by Deven on March 06, 2002 at 03:24:30:

Try signing up as an investor on the uslandco.com site and you’ll get free leads in atlanta.

Bandit Signs…Bandit Signs…Bandit Signs!!! - Posted by Mike (IN)

Posted by Mike (IN) on March 05, 2002 at 19:05:00:

They work the best for me! Also, you’re not competing with other investors as much on the same houses. Ad’s in the paper…the sellers call on more than just your ad. Your bandit sign is not sitting on the corner with 5 other investors.

Motivated sellers will call you. You can’t quit searching for them!!!

Re: How to find sellers - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 05, 2002 at 19:02:09:

Never done bandit signs, but they seem to work according to others. Newspaper ads, in my opinion are a waste of money. I’ve had small ads in the penny saver type papers for years and can’t recall ever getting a deal from them. With ads two things happen. One people call expecting FMV or above and two, I get numerous calls wanting to get into the business asking me how I do it.

I think business cards are good. hand them out to evryone you meet. Offering referral fees to people if they bring you a deal also will work.

What has worked over the last 25 years for me is just keeping your antennea up as you progress through your day. You never know when you will come upon a lead.

A big help for you would be to attend the upcoming CREOnline Convention in Atlanta this month and network with everyone and ask them how they market themselves. I 'm no marketing expert myself.

here are 33 ways… - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on March 05, 2002 at 18:58:55:

this is a great collection of ideas posted on this site by jim kennedy:

http://www.creonline.com/mm-52.html

Re: Bandit Signs…Bandit Signs…Bandit Signs!!! - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on March 05, 2002 at 22:40:01:

Can you share what messages you use on the bandit signs? Also, what areas have you found most effective for placing them? Thanks!

Re: Bandit Signs…Bandit Signs…Bandit Signs!!! - Posted by Stevo

Posted by Stevo on March 05, 2002 at 21:22:22:

You wrote:

“Your bandit sign is not sitting on the corner with 5 other investors…”

Well, yes it is, sometimes more (I live in Houston). But I still get calls.