How to hang Bandit Signs - Posted by Terry

Posted by David Alexander on July 13, 2004 at 12:09:02:

I Have tried and tried to find that stuff…

Our home depots around here don’t have it…

We carry a little heavier metal step stake in stock for convenience…

David

How to hang Bandit Signs - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on July 11, 2004 at 22:38:35:

Hi guys,

I look in the archives for this one but could not seem to find the answer. I just ordered Bandit signs and wanted to know the best/quickest method to hang them. Thanks in advance for your help with my silly question.

Re: How to hang Bandit Signs - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 12, 2004 at 23:41:34:

4 Ways

1. Go to Home Depot… Buy the 36" wooden stakes… About $17 for a bundle of 50, also, buy button Cap roofing nails… and a 2.5 to 4 lb. hammer…

Put the banditsigns on the stakes, hammer into ground…

1. A. Sprinkle vigurously 20 - 25 per area… you want to saturate… Get calls…

2. Buy the Metal stakes that go up into the Banditsigns, about a buck a piece or so… insert into signs… Step onto stake to push them into ground…

Repeat 1.A.

1. On telephone poles… (not a method I use) grab a hammer, a ladder or the top of truck… put the signs up high… hammer into pole…

Repeat 1.A.

1. Get some plastic ties… put 2 holes in the top center and bottom center of banditsigns about 1" inch each side of the center… Put plastic tie through the holes… Strap them around the poles… stop signs poles, speeding poles… or even telephone…

Mostly, I just have my guys put them out with wooden stakes…

David Alexander

WWW.SIGNHAMMER.COM nt - Posted by Scott Patterson

Posted by Scott Patterson on July 12, 2004 at 23:26:14:

Re: How to hang Bandit Signs - Posted by rehabber

Posted by rehabber on July 12, 2004 at 22:58:01:

In a capitalistic market, the market itself weeds out
or reinforces marketing methods.
Do bandit signs look like sh*t? Yes
Are they tacky? Yes (imho)
But they must be working or people wouldn’t be hanging
them up. Low cost method, mediocre results, but cost
per ‘deal gotten’ with them is low, so they’ll continue
to be used.
Very similar to spam.
We all hate Spam. But why does it persist. Because
it is a cheap marketing method and because a small %
of people who get spam actually open it and buy stuff
from it. Spammers aren’t spamming us just to tick us
off (which it is doing), but rather because their
cost per ‘deal gotten’ via spam is low. So,
unfortunately it persists because, bottom line,
it works.

As far as professionalism…I agree…bandit signs
don’t look ultra-professsional…
but…to put it in perspective…it is election time…we will all see thousands of “Vote for W.”
or “Vote for Kerry” signs in the coming months along the roads. And this is for the office of the President of the USA…leader of the free world. If bandit signs are ‘professional
looking enough’ for the highest office in our
country, then why can’t they be used for REI?
By the way…why do the campaign workers use the
bandit signs…bottom line…because they work.

can’t we all just get along? NT - Posted by John-Fl

Posted by John-Fl on July 12, 2004 at 17:11:44:

NT

Re: Creative ways are best - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 12, 2004 at 08:26:14:

I like to place them on property that I already own, so that defacing them will become a criminal act when caught by my web cam.

I also like to place them on properties that are owned by friends (with permission).

Now when I find a telephone pole that is no longer in use I will use that. I back my full sized pick-up truck to the pole and then stand on top of the tailgate while nailing the sign up at about 9 feet above the ground level. I then finish the job with a couple of 3 inch drywall screws screws about halfway in at about 6 feet off the ground. This is done so that anyone who attemprs to deface this sign might just get caught by the drywall screws in some uncomfortable spot near the rectal passage.

I also have mounted a sign on a regular size real estate sign frame. It stands in the back of my pick-up facing the traffic behind me. It is mounted just in front of the tool box and all the way to the right. Does not interfere with vision at all, and allows the almost certain capture of anyone who wants to hop up in the bed of my truck and destroy my property.

It depends a lot on where you are and the local politics. Unfortunately this country seems to be overloaded with morons who think it is fine to tell me what to do with my property, and then destroy my property as if they owned it, if I do not share the entitlement mentality that they have. This is fine until caught (read: Make My Day).

Re: How to hang Bandit Signs - Posted by stan

Posted by stan on September 27, 2004 at 08:37:46:

Do you recommend the extra expense of a double-sided sign? Also, what size do you recommend, 18x24 or 12x18?

Re: How to hang Bandit Signs - Posted by John-Fl

Posted by John-Fl on July 13, 2004 at 09:13:51:

You can get the stakes for much cheaper than $1 each. Go to Home Depot in the concrete section and buy some “concrete block mesh” it’s about 1.50 for a 10 foot tall piece and can be cut into 6-8 “H” stakes.

Re: WWW.SIGNHAMMER.COM nt –> www.SignStapler.com - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on June 06, 2005 at 23:30:21:

What is even better than SignHammer is a SignStapler…I have used SignHammer and it worked ok, but SignStapler is faster, easier, and more fun. They ship it fully assembled and even loaded with staples…I believe they ship all over…You can get one at http://www.SignStapler.com

Re: Creative ways are best - Posted by Chuck Rosenberg

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 05, 2005 at 23:04:02:

wine racks metal wine storage near scottsdale wine cellar designs wine cellar coolers red wine removal wine storage systems wine country accommodations custom wine rack wine country bed breakfasts wine making barrels