How's the Atlanta area market? - Posted by atlantarei

Posted by Trevor on October 07, 2003 at 19:02:55:

There are a lot of properties available in ATL for investors. However, you have to do your due diligence so you don’t get suckered.

Trevor

How’s the Atlanta area market? - Posted by atlantarei

Posted by atlantarei on October 07, 2003 at 14:01:08:

I am a newbie investor. How’s the Atlanta market currently for forclosures, rentals, etc?

Thanks for ur time.

Re: How’s the Atlanta area market? - Posted by markus

Posted by markus on October 08, 2003 at 13:58:09:

I was visiting Atlanta in September. I had a chance to just drive around and was amazed at the high number of rental signs out. Struck me as not a good time to be a landlord there. Didn’t get any sales data.

Re: How’s the Atlanta area market? - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on October 08, 2003 at 07:08:55:

The market on the retail or rental end is very, very slow. Houses sit empty for a long time. A lot of investors and wanna-be investors (+3000 members in ga reia). If you have money it’s a great time to pick up properties and hold them until the market picks up. Don’t buy rehabs at 70-80% ARV as a lot of newbies do. You wil go over budget and the holding time will cut your profit to non-existing. Do your Due dilligence with anything being offered by wholesalers at ga reia. I don’t ever see real deals on their flyers (but they up the arv and lower the repairs and make it look like great profit)

Michaela