I am STUCK! - Posted by kathleen

Posted by David Alexander on May 11, 1999 at 23:54:47:

Bud,

Are the land and Mh on the same Note?

David Alexander

I am STUCK! - Posted by kathleen

Posted by kathleen on May 11, 1999 at 19:16:42:

If I could make money analyzing data and looking at properties, I’d be rich! What can go wrong? Should I concentrate on city properties or county or neither or both?
Rehabs or cosmetics? I’ve got my LLC set up, I have financing pre-approval, I keep placing ads in the paper and calling buyers, so I have a buyer list. I’ve got lists of possibilities for good deals. I’m not afraid of hard work. So what is the problem? Has anyone else been here? I’m driving myself NUTS!

Re: I am STUCK! - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on May 11, 1999 at 21:53:47:

Write an offer TOMORROW no matter what!!!
Pat

The Power of Yellow Legal Paper - Posted by Karl Grube

Posted by Karl Grube on May 11, 1999 at 21:07:24:

Take a sheet of yellow legal paper and write down your ten favorite houses you want to own from your list of “good” deals. Write 10 creative, discounted, outrageous offers! Submit them and wait for the smoke to clear. YOU will own one of these ten houses! It is called the “law of averages” of motivated sellers. If this investment strategy fails, repeat procedure with 10 more houses. Continue until YOU learn that offers make for investment action and eventual closed deals!

Re: I am STUCK! - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on May 11, 1999 at 20:17:56:

kathleen,

There really isn’t enough information as to what you are doing right and what you need to do differently. One thought is over analysis. Another is ability to structure. As an example how would you make money on this call with a seller. She has a 6mo old 1999 fleetwood double wide MH on 2 acres. Underlying land and MH note are about 58K they have about 18K cash into it. The husband is being transferred. They do not want to rent it out as they want 10-12K to buy the new home in AL. Of course no one has the money to buy them out. Do you pass or play and make money how? I don’t know what is keeping you from making obscene offers on the possibilities but I do know you won’t buy anything if you don’t make offers.

So, how do you make an offer ?? - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on May 12, 1999 at 09:50:13:

in this situation.