i found an vacant house - Posted by Tonya Williams

Posted by Tonya on April 27, 2002 at 11:57:26:

Those three houses have been vacant awhile it used to be a middle class neighborhood that was mostly caucasion but because so many minority moved in they moved out.
The street they are on is quiet and the city has built some new houses on the same street.

I will dig further to see if i can get any more info

Thanks sso much
Tonya

i found an vacant house - Posted by Tonya Williams

Posted by Tonya Williams on April 25, 2002 at 20:19:00:

Found a vacant house across the street from where I live and it looks wonderful from the outside. talked to neighbors and they said it has been vacant for some time.
called caounty recorder to find out who owns it and they told me the mans name and the taxes are so low it is riduculos no address but the taxes were paid in march . Would like to leas e option with the right to fix up and it is a two familyalso there are two toher houses that are empty next to that one
any suggestions please give me any and all helpful and constuctive advise.

God Bless
Tonya

Re: i found an vacant house - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on April 26, 2002 at 11:03:11:

FYI, if the man who owns it is elderly, he may be paying a senior tax rate. Locally here, an elderly homeowner has reduced taxes on their home.

You may think it is low now for him, but will the taxes be a burden for your rate? Probably not, but you should be aware just in case this is how it is there in your area.

With a L/O, you won’t be responsible for the taxes, but once you take possession, you would be.

Re: i found an vacant house - Posted by DB

Posted by DB on April 25, 2002 at 23:58:18:

Tonya, I am just curious, but why are so many people leaving the area?
I would look into this. You, may get the property under contract, but will you be able to sell it?
Just something to think about.

Good Luck, dave

Re: i found an vacant house - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on April 25, 2002 at 21:20:26:

Tonya Williams-------------

This may be a good opportunity for you. But you don’t even mention where you are. If you are here in CA, you could call a local title insurance company and ask for customer assistance. Then, by giving them the addresses, you can get information from them, which would include some information about the age an size of the houses, the owners’ names and tax bill mailing addresses, and copies of the deeds to them and the loans recorded at the same time as the deeds.

Try to find a phone number for the owner and call up and talk. Don’t sign any contract until you have had a chance to check things out more and ask questions here on CREONLINE.COM . If necessary, go to the owner’s house and talk face to face.

Now, please think about it a bit. If there are several vacant houses on one block, does that mean that this an area where most people do not want to live? I know you live there now, but is this a location you will want to live in for many years? If not, you might be better advised to attempt to buy a vacant house in some other neighborhood, where you would rather live.

If the above is so, you might well want to study up on the topic of buying vacant houses. You can do so by running some searches in the archives here. Just push “search” button at the top of the home page for this main bulletinboard forum. Then put in a word or phrase that you want to know more about such as “vacant house.” You will probably get lots of information instantly.

Good InvestingRon Starr*********

Re: i found an vacant house - Posted by Tonya

Posted by Tonya on April 27, 2002 at 11:52:27:

Thank you that is good point to know.
I will check into it.

is anyone familiar with adverse possession

Tonya