I have an opportunity in a senior citizen park - Posted by Thane, MI

Posted by JohnE on May 13, 2000 at 22:24:27:

Do you have Lonnie’s book “Making Money with Mobile Homes”? Chapter 10 is about making money in Adult/Senior Parks.

JohnE

I have an opportunity in a senior citizen park - Posted by Thane, MI

Posted by Thane, MI on May 13, 2000 at 22:10:39:

Last week I called on an add, and it turned out to be in a senior citizen park. The price was too high so I told the park manager to call me if they ever had anything $5,000 or less. In reality I was just trying to get her off the phone because residents in this park need to be 55 or older. Well, she called me tonight to let me know of a home that needed to be sold, and she wanted only $1,000 for it.

My question is how would I go about finding a buyer who is 55 or older? My guess is that this type of buyer wouldn’t be interested in financing but would rather pay cash. So where could I find one that the park manager hasn’t already looked?

Oh, by the way. I am going to purchase my first home on Monday night for $1,600 (already have the contract signed). I am meeting a buyer on Wednesday night who has given me a verbal over the phone for $5,000 cash. I’ve been in sales long enough to know not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I’ve also been in sales long enough to know that it’s very hard to make $3,400 profit in three days and with less than 4 hours of work. I will give an update after it sells.

Thanks for any feedback on the senior park.