I have MLS access...now what do I do?? - Posted by Realtor In Dallas...

Posted by Greg in Dallas on May 06, 2000 at 03:29:57:

Realtor in Dallas,

Yes, come to the local REI club meeting next Thursday night at 7:00pm at the Sheraton Dallas Brookhollow Hotel located at 1241 W Mockingbird off Stemmons Frwy in Dallas. Try to get there early for networking and perhaps you may be able to form a partnership with another investor who can teach you the ropes and you can share the investing and the profits. From Stemmons go east on Mockingbird and the Sheraton is on the north side of Mockingbird. Normally the meetings are held in the Crowne Plaza hotel on Stemmons, but this month for some reason there’s been a change of venue.

Tell them Gregory Bell invited you and you can get in free. Be sure to bring a stack of business cards to pass out to other investors and realtors.

Say hello if you see my name tag with Gregory Bell.

Happy Investing and don’t ever, I mean never ever, give up or quit and you’re guaranteed to succeed!!

Greg in Dallas

I have MLS access…now what do I do?? - Posted by Realtor In Dallas…

Posted by Realtor In Dallas… on May 05, 2000 at 16:07:20:

Hello,
I’m a new realtor and I’m very interested in becoming an investor. I’m also interested in helping investors in my area. The thing is I’m not sure where to start. I don’t know whether to do L/O or flipping. How can I use the MLS to help me?

thanks

A Million a Month - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 07, 2000 at 12:09:30:

You might get some ideas from the article that was mentioned below. The article where I give examples of some profitable ways of using the MLS is titled “A Million a Month” and is located at: www.creonline.com/art-112.htm in the free articles section.

Re: I have MLS access…now what do I do?? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 06, 2000 at 19:32:06:

You use it as the tool it is. You can Look for properties in a target area, target price range, and with targeting words, things like Motivated, Owner Financing, Foreclosure, REO’s, Must Sell, expired listings and on and on. You have to know what your looking for and the result you want to get.

I’ll be at the AIREO meeting next week, maybe I’ll see you there.

David Alexander

Re: I have MLS access…now what do I do?? - Posted by Steve C., Remax-Houston

Posted by Steve C., Remax-Houston on May 05, 2000 at 17:30:40:

You should check the cash flow forum for articles. John Behle has some good tips on searching for properties, notes, etc.

Get involved in the local REI club inDallas. Others there will have suggestions.

On the MLS, look for some of the obvious: homes advertised as “needing TLC”, fixer-upper, vacant homes, seller financing offered, assumable loans, etc.

Re: I have MLS access…now what do I do?? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 06, 2000 at 13:15:22:

The article where I give examples of using the MLS is titled “A Million a Month” and is located at: www.creonline.com/art-112.htm in the free articles section.