I just bought a house for negative $700 dollars! :) - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Vic on April 30, 2000 at 20:56:22:

Justin,
Hey, Congratulations! That’s great. Care to give us the #'s & tell us what your plans are?
Vic

I just bought a house for negative $700 dollars! :slight_smile: - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Justin-IL on April 30, 2000 at 20:41:33:

That’s right, the seller PAID me to take his deed! I bought the house subject to using a land trust, and received a cashiers check for $700, a $600 security deposit plus a non-refundable cleaning deposit. The house is occupied by tenants until October…

The seller is making the May payment, but I am collecting May rent. I explained to him that since mortgage payments are made in arrears, I will collect rent.

The best part of the whole deal is how he found me. He told me last January he found one of my bandit signs in his yard. It blew off of a nearby telephone pole. He knew at that time that he would need to sell his house in a few months, so he put my sign away in his garage. A couple weeks ago, he went to get the sign, but his dog had eaten it. Luckily, he remembered my website from the sign, went to my website, and e-mailed me telling about his house! Unbelievable…

Now that’s a true motivated seller! :slight_smile:

Much success,

Justin Lee