I my way home from work yesterday... - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Tim (CT) on July 12, 2003 at 21:05:19:

I only asked if anyone could explain why the electrical lines would be cut. Why do you think I have too much time on my hands? I’m trying to figure out what the situation is on an abandon house. So, what you’re saying is anybody that stops by an abandon house to check it has too much time on there hands?

Please educate me on your thought-provoking wisdom! Or, do you not have any?

I my way home from work yesterday… - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Tim (CT) on July 11, 2003 at 16:12:46:

…I found an abandon house. Great I said. I stopped by and started to check things out. Firs thing I noticed was that the actual electric meter was gone. It doesn’t look like it was ripped out by vandals. Just gone. Then, I look up and the electric wires that were going to the street had been cut.

Does this seem strange? I wouldn’t think a vandal would go through the effort of cutting the actual power lines (unless he wanted a real good zapp!!). But, why would an electric company cut the wires? The house isn’t bad at all. For a thousand bucks or so, it would turn out to be a nice house. There’s no for sale sign on the house. Maybe someone owns it and they’ve notified the utility company that they’re planning on raizing the house. Then, I could understand why the utility company would’ve done something like this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I found one that way. - Posted by James Mc (IL)

Posted by James Mc (IL) on July 12, 2003 at 12:57:22:

Go to the county seat and look up the owner, with the list of other houses.

Call them or just send a card or letter.

James Mc (IL)

p.s. They were probably stealing electric OR they are getting ready to raise it.

Re: I my way home from work yesterday… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on July 11, 2003 at 21:09:20:

The reasons the meter was removed and the wire “cut” were probably because the former owner did not pay his electric bill, the power was cut off, then they decided they needed power to watch Oprah and Jerry Springer so they started stealing it!
The wires weren’t cut, the fuses in the lines were removed.

I think you have too much time on your hands. - Posted by Wm-pa

Posted by Wm-pa on July 11, 2003 at 17:54:20:

n/t

Re: I my way home from work yesterday… - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Tim (CT) on July 12, 2003 at 21:07:17:

Well, the there’s about 4 or 5 feet of wire left hanging off the house and, obviously, nothing going out to the pole. If that’s a fuse, then those are pretty big fuses!!

Thanks for the reply.